A clean Machine

Dr.Strangelove

Registered
Having been told by numerous people to be wary of Silicon based Waxes for my paintwork ( Candy Apple Red and Silver) I have had another discussion with someone in the know who says Silicon based polishes are good just as long as you don't over Polish them and never allow fuel to touch them .
Or run the risk of an effect similar to "streaking" which is vitually impossible to buff out , Being VERY careful when filling the tank and trying not to let the paintwork get too dull , I have been told to Wash ,dry with Chamoise leather use a light cloth to dry totally ,then apply Polish, let sit and then polish till its full lustre comes out. I might sound a bit anal about the look and condition of the paintwork but I am a fanatic for a clean good looking bike ,and spend time cleaning the bike after each long ride . A good bike cover is essential and the new drive in type and zip over is excellent , and safe as the zip is protected .
any thoughts on normal waxes and silicon based for people wanting to have a clean good looking paint job on their pride and joy ?

I like to keep my bike clean too. I use some stuff that I bought at the Suzuki Dealership called: Next Dimension. It is the only cleaner I use. It comes in a pretty generic can that says: Spray Cleaner and Polish. It quickly cleans, polishes and protects. It also cleans road grime, grease and bugs without water, and polishes paint and chrome. It repels water and has anti-static properties reducing dust buildup. The stuff works great, its only about $5 a can and its waterless clean, you don't even have to hose off, just spray and wipe away.

As far as waxing the bike, I use Meguiar's NXT Tech, it leaves a great shine and ultimate deep gloss and protection. However, do not get it on any rubber or plastic parts, if you accidently do quickly wipe it away and spray clean, do not leave any wax on anything but paint while it dries. Runs about $15 a bottle, but that will last a long time only using on the bike. Any Meguiar's products are top-notch. The spray waxes work great too.

"Paint will be darker and richer and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen. Creates a tough, polymer bond. Engineered to eliminate fine scratches. Glides on and off easily."

Always remember to use micro-fiber towels.

Last edited:
Soap, water, Meguiar's NXT Gen. Tech Wax.
same here! i just wiped some fresh bugs off the nose with no problem and i waxed her about a month ago. i still feel the smoothness from the wax. great product, accessable almost anywhere, and cheap. :beerchug:

Last edited:
For the guys usin the nxt gen tech wax... You're right, it is a great product, but the carnuba wax lasts longer.

And Dr.Strange, I would not use a waterless spray cleaner as busa nick does. I'm sure that candy paint is pretty easy to scratch and without any water you'll have a bike covered with swirl marks, and they're a lot easier to see on candy paint.

Back