Going crazy choosing wax!

BangkokBusa

Registered
I am pooped trying to find a wax for my old bike. Its paint is fantastic for an '84. I don't want to do something stupid and put a bad silicone- or petroleum distillate-based wax on it and dry up the clearcoat. I just returned some wax after realizing it had petrochemicals in it. Then I bought Turtle Wax super hard shell...no evidence of petrochems, but I just read somewhere that it put bubbles in some guy's paint. It has that strong petrochem smell too.

Does anyone know of a UV-filtering wax that does not contain "bad" silicones or petroleum distillates or any other crap? I'm losing my mind!
guns.gif

Thanks if you can suggest something
all_coholic.gif

My wife drives a black 04' Infiniti G35 (6SPD) that I have handwashed and waxed, but not as often as I should. Now, even after a wash and wax it doesn't feel as smooth while dragging a microfiber towel across it when finished. I know time and sun can take it's toll, especially here in FL, but will any of the aforementioned products help bring back more of a glassy smooth surface to it?

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 23 2007,23:26) My wife drives a black 04' Infiniti G35 (6SPD) that I have handwashed and waxed, but not as often as I should.  Now, even after a wash and wax it doesn't feel as smooth while dragging a microfiber towel across it when finished.  I know time and sun can take it's toll, especially here in FL, but will any of the aforementioned products help bring back more of a glassy smooth surface to it?
Zaino will!

(fsusux @ Jul. 23 2007,20:flamethrowing:)
(Over_Easy @ Jul. 23 2007,23:26) My wife drives a black 04' Infiniti G35 (6SPD) that I have handwashed and waxed, but not as often as I should.  Now, even after a wash and wax it doesn't feel as smooth while dragging a microfiber towel across it when finished.  I know time and sun can take it's toll, especially here in FL, but will any of the aforementioned products help bring back more of a glassy smooth surface to it?
Zaino will!
Are you a gator fan stuck in Tallahassee? I've been in a similar situation.

Where can I get Zaino...on-line only?

Zaino: yes, online is the place to buy it. It's expensive, but once you use it, you'll think everything else is second class. I use it on my bike, my infiniti, my wife's mini, and even on my jet skis.

I've only used Plexus for two years now, even on the wheels,pipes and cans with zero problems. It also cleans up flung chain stuff so good,better than anything I've ever used, you could buy it just for that. I have never washed this bike with a bucket,soap and water, just the Plexus.

7_12_07_018.jpg

Thanks for all your replies, guys!

Did some research on Zymol and decided to go for the Zymol Japon wax and their wax spray. Cost me $65 with free shipping. I'm not going to go into their whole wash/wax regimen, otherwise I'll spend too much! Zymol is awesome-- no petroleum distillates or silicones...all natural oils like coconut and others. It will probably last me forever since it is a small bike!
Thanks again,
beerchug.gif

Kurt

Back