I've been busy!

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
Look at this guys. I decided to give my bike such a serious winter cleaning I went as far as to take the friggin body off to wax it. That way I wouldn't get wax into little places were it shouldn't be. Today I got a polishing wheel and some compound for the bench grinder and polished up the exhaust. One word of advice though, for those of you who have a scortched cannister(s) don't use a a high speed polisher on the scortched portion as it will remove the color permanently! Luckily I tested it on a hidden portion first to discover this. Smart me! I decided to polish the exhaust because after three years of street riding the cans were starting to look varnished. Notice in the third picture were I took a shot of the can after only polishing part of it. See the huge difference? It used to be all yellow. I finished polishing the scrotched parts by hand with Mothers polish. One other thing, my clear lens was also yellow and I found that a little carb cleaner did the job perfect to make it nice and clear again. Next comes a new set of Pilot Powers and I'm ready for spring!

Ian

Cans003.jpg

Cans006.jpg

Cans005.jpg

How much for a set of the stands with wheels?

How much to clean my bike like that?

Mine needs that too, I have a lot of hand prints on my polished parts.

I'll be getting with you soon to buy a new stand, you take trade ins?
all_coholic.gif

Back