Going crazy choosing wax!

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 23 2007,20:26) My wife drives a black 04' Infiniti G35 (6SPD) that I have handwashed and waxed, but not as often as I should.  Now, even after a wash and wax it doesn't feel as smooth while dragging a microfiber towel across it when finished.  I know time and sun can take it's toll, especially here in FL, but will any of the aforementioned products help bring back more of a glassy smooth surface to it?
Give it a claybar treatment,and then wash and wax it.

Works like a charm. You can buy claybar kits at any good auto store. Make sure that if you drop the clay, that you pitch it.

I had a few aerospace customers turn me onto this. They use it for windsheilds, wings, etc...

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

Just make sure you have removed any oxidized paint and the bike is super clean. Follow the curing instructions and for a "showroom" luster... use 2-3 aplications.

(pward76 @ Jul. 24 2007,08:04)
(Over_Easy @ Jul. 23 2007,20:26) My wife drives a black 04' Infiniti G35 (6SPD) that I have handwashed and waxed, but not as often as I should.  Now, even after a wash and wax it doesn't feel as smooth while dragging a microfiber towel across it when finished.  I know time and sun can take it's toll, especially here in FL, but will any of the aforementioned products help bring back more of a glassy smooth surface to it?

Works like a charm.  You can buy claybar kits at any good auto store.  Make sure that if you drop the clay, that you pitch it.
Exactly what is a clay bar and what does it do?

It always looked as if it was the last thing I would want to rub on my car's finish.

Claybar removes raildust, brake dust , etc. If you dont get everything off, your just smearing it all over your paint. Claybar makes the difference. I use Zaino.

IMG_0001a.JPG

i have used plexxus didnt like it at all i use honda polish usually put i bought the meguirs cleaner kit

came with car wash the cleaner wax (which does a heii of a job) the quick detailer for insede and out. And sponge, wax applicator, and microfiber towel for 20 bucks

Yes guys i actually wash my bike

but i started using the quick detailer i like it better than honda polish the cleaner wax takes alot of stuff of the bike and it smells good

for the price try the cleaner wax it is like 8 dollars if you ont like it just let it sit someone will use it

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 24 2007,09:10)
(pward76 @ Jul. 24 2007,08:04)

Works like a charm.  You can buy claybar kits at any good auto store.  Make sure that if you drop the clay, that you pitch it.
Exactly what is a clay bar and what does it do?

It always looked as if it was the last thing I would want to rub on my car's finish.
The Clay bar is just a polymeric "clay"that removes polutants, oversparay etc. prior to glazing or Waxing. I use the Mothers Clay Bar prior to Waxing and then follow it up with their Pure Carnauba! If you park your bike (car whatever) outside at all you will really be impressed at how smooth it makes the surface prior to Waxing! BTW I touch my bike up with Lemon Pledge almost daily between Waxing!

(mymaster @ Jul. 24 2007,02:30) I've only used Plexus for two years now, even on the wheels,pipes and cans with zero problems. It also cleans up flung chain stuff so good,better than anything I've ever used, you could buy it just for that. I have never washed this bike with a bucket,soap and water, just the Plexus.
+1 plexus is very good. Windscreens and faceshields too.
beerchug.gif

Back