Cleaning the Hayabusa

tmf2004

Registered
I did a search and many members are using Pledge.. I've never heard of using pledge on a bike..

I was looking for some tips on washing and waxing.. I use poorboys and Mcquire products for the cars. Can the same apply for the bike.. I have a polish with carnuba wax by Poorboys and this stuff is awesome.. Would this be ok on the bike? The previous owner said he polished and waxed the bike but it doesn't feel like it..

Also will Mcquires car soap work on the bike..

Thinking of washing the bike on wednesday when the bike stand gets here.. :thumbsup:

Yeah any kind of soap will be fine on a bike. For the swingarm chain and any aluminum partand if you have gunk buildup I use wd40. Takes off oil and grime very well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah any kind of soap will be fine on a bike. For the swingarm chain and any aluminum partand if you have gunk buildup I use wd40. Takes off oil and grime very well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Any kind of soap for cars yes but do not use dishwashing soap as it is acidic and will strip the wax right off it .

Well yeah I meant any kind of soap as in mcguires or armorall or a car wash soap. I like mcguires though
Posted via Mobile Device

I got a gallon size jug of Blue Coral car wash that has Carnauba wax in it for $2.99 at pepboys . It does a good job too .

I just started using Pledge. HOLY **** IT WORKS!! also use honda spray cleaner. I use that Coral soap. Works good.

I guess I'm in the minority here...as your in FLORIDA, BE CAREFULL.

Pledge cuts wax and has ZERO UV protection from the sun.

You know what the florida sun can do to unprotected paint, sure pledge shines
(think magnifying glass) but protection against the sun....:whistle:

I've brought this up on every pledge thread and NO ONE has bothered to address
the issue and offer correction. I'd love to see proof positive that I'm wrong but for my baby,
there are PLENTY of jam up products out there that leave no doubt of
protection.

Zanio brothers is some of the best wax I've used. Usually drop $100 on an order,
as times are tough...a VERY close second is NXT wax from Meguires...$15 bucks
give or take and can get anywhere...Their soap is excellant as well.

I do have pledge on my shelf but I only use it on my faceshield and my wheels.

It's your bike, do what you want but I prefer certainty

I know I may be in the in the minority here, but I have never, not once, ever taken a garden hose to my bike. I use Honda Polish or Plexus on the plastics and screen. I use WD-40 on the wheels, swing arm, forks, and frame. She looks as good now as she ever has. Yes I ride in the rain and and I am not afraid to get her wet, but the hose is just overkill in my opinion. I tried pledge once and like to never have gotten the stuff off, made a mess.

I guess I'm in the minority here...as your in FLORIDA, BE CAREFULL.

Pledge cuts wax and has ZERO UV protection from the sun.

You know what the florida sun can do to unprotected paint, sure pledge shines
(think magnifying glass) but protection against the sun....:whistle:

I've brought this up on every pledge thread and NO ONE has bothered to address
the issue and offer correction. I'd love to see proof positive that I'm wrong but for my baby,
there are PLENTY of jam up products out there that leave no doubt of
protection.

Zanio brothers is some of the best wax I've used. Usually drop $100 on an order,
as times are tough...a VERY close second is NXT wax from Meguires...$15 bucks
give or take and can get anywhere...Their soap is excellant as well.

I do have pledge on my shelf but I only use it on my faceshield and my wheels.

It's your bike, do what you want but I prefer certainty

In all honesty i don't think i'll ever apply pledge to the bike.. Strickly waxes and polishes.. The poorboys products are so easy to apply and take off it ridiculous.. I've never used such a great product.. NXT is ok but there's no comaprison to the poorboys. NXT IMO leaves to much of a haze and is harder to take off.. I have a new bottle of spray wax if you want it..

Poorboys and Zanio are on the higher end side of waxes/polishes.. My next purchase is going to be the Menzerna polish.. That stuff is great..

Your right about UV protection here in FL... Everything fades quickly..

Where in FL are u..

I know I may be in the in the minority here, but I have never, not once, ever taken a garden hose to my bike. I use Honda Polish or Plexus on the plastics and screen. I use WD-40 on the wheels, swing arm, forks, and frame. She looks as good now as she ever has. Yes I ride in the rain and and I am not afraid to get her wet, but the hose is just overkill in my opinion. I tried pledge once and like to never have gotten the stuff off, made a mess.

My God man...the gully washers my bikes been thru here in Fl, daily driver
and rains daily...that itty bitty gentle garden hose...ain't nothing. Sometimes
it's like parking in a lake...

In all honesty i don't think i'll ever apply pledge to the bike.. Strickly waxes and polishes.. The poorboys products are so easy to apply and take off it ridiculous.. I've never used such a great product.. NXT is ok but there's no comaprison to the poorboys. NXT IMO leaves to much of a haze and is harder to take off.. I have a new bottle of spray wax if you want it..

Poorboys and Zanio are on the higher end side of waxes/polishes.. My next purchase is going to be the Menzerna polish.. That stuff is great..

Your right about UV protection here in FL... Everything fades quickly..

Where in FL are u..

Poorboys...hmm, never heard of them. Google time. Always looking for something
better. Ooohh, looks like I could drop a lot of money there (if I had it).

Btw-Ocala

Last edited:
Re: Cleaning the Hayabusa update

Just a quick update.. Took some "blue Magic" chrome polish to the Yoshi's yesterday.. They cleaned up very nicely. Took out all the light oxidation spots that were starting to appear..

294306_300.jpg

:thumbsup:

I honestly prefer all the ICE products by Turtle. IMHO they're the easiest and cleanest products to apply and remove. I use there detailer spray to keep her clean between washes so I can spend more time riding! :thumbsup:

I use Spray 'n' Wipe, when I can be bothered doing it myself. Otherwise, I just take her to the local carwash and get the Indians there to do it.

ProTip: Indians LOVE bikes and they never get to ride a Hayabusa in India, so they'll happily wash your bike for you at a discount, if you let them takes turns sitting on it and photographing each other. I get my bike washed for $10.

Back