87 Octane vs. 89, 91, 93, 94...

To my knowledge, no tool out there allows the Busa owner to remap the spark tables on the dyno - PC's only alter the fuel tables. The spark tables are the key we're missing - I am not aware of any manufacturer of motorcycles that has the type of firmware available that allows this.
I beg to differ........that is just what you can do with a PCIIIr.
You can change the timing table not just the fuel/air. JC redid a map for me and he changed the timing values and it really made a huge difference in performance.

Tom,

Do you still own all those bikes and cars including the Corvairs? That is one incredible collection!

Funny going through that list...I can pick out most models I've owned, still own or want to own.
smile.gif

My "first bike" was a Puch Moped by JC Penny (Pinto II) that an uncle gave me when I was about 10. I knew Sears sold the Puchs too but had no idea they went back to 1956!

First car I got my learners permit with was my dads '70 El Camino which was a powerful beast. Still have my '66 Vair and '75 Vette.
By far my favorite car of all time was my little '78 Chevy Monza turkeyback. That little subcompact was insane with the factory 5.0 V8, especially after waking it up a little. Bought it my senior year in highschool and after 7 years of vaporizing tires and destroying just about anything at a stoplight I ended up giving it away in '95...rust took its toll on the underbody
sad.gif
Memories of that car are priceless. One of these days I'll go out west and buy another.

You need to open up a showroom, I'd pay to take a tour of that museum.
smile.gif

smile.gif

My car/bike "collection" is only a collection of memories (the pics on my web site link above). I actually now only have an `02 Dodge Dakota R/T PU truck with 360 V8, an `02 Hayabusa, an `04 Kaw 700 V-Twin Prairie ATV, and I'm thinking mighty hard about a new Dodge SRT-10 PU truck with a 500 HP Viper engine. I buy them, run the piss out of them, trade them for something more desirable, and start all over again. Sick, huh?
wow.gif

To my knowledge, no tool out there allows the Busa owner to remap the spark tables on the dyno - PC's only alter the fuel tables. The spark tables are the key we're missing - I am not aware of any manufacturer of motorcycles that has the type of firmware available that allows this.
I beg to differ........that is just what you can do with a PCIIIr.
You can change the timing table not just the fuel/air. JC redid a map for me and he changed the timing values and it really made a huge difference in performance.
THAT'S GREAT NEWS!

Betcha a smart tuning guy with a dead stock internals motor and an aftermarket 4 into 1 could really spice up our lives.

Now... gotta find someone like that in Michigan... with a dyno to do it on.

87 for a stock or pipe mod. Busa. You onl need high Octae fr a built motor, high comp or a NOS, and Turbo bike. Read the old threads for additional info.

Back