Gasoline: Octane - 87 vs 91/92

By chance could it of been the placebo effect, the kind like when people put octane booster and swear they feel a difference when it did nothing. Do you think you would of noticed if someone secretly at night filled your tank with different grade of gas? Not saying it cant make a difference but you know how some things are placed in effect like that mentally.???

Yeah just put 87 in my bike today for the first time in forever and the bike idles better and runs smoother with better throttle response. I think 87 is the best out of the choice of 89 and 93 for non turbo busas

Whatever you do don't tell bobber.....:laugh:

Im on my 2nd tank and it seems the same performance wise but getting anywhere from 6-10 more miles to the gallon which tells me im gonna end up staying 87.

Until very recently, I was running mine on 98 octane fuel. A drag-racer I know said that the compression in the Gen 1 isn't particularly high, and that I would get better low-rpm performance out of 91 octane fuel, so I've been using that instead. The only problem with it is that all 91 octane fuel here contains 10% ethanol, which I'm worried about. Will the ethanol damage my engine?

Back