87 octane?

uhmm..  perhaps ..its a  West Coast thing .. but  my  "busa' had a  sticker  sayin (  To use " ONLY " 91 octane ) ....gas..( and it states that in the manual too ) .. but,  being the  type of guy I am..I tried  all of ..them ..n Im still use'n ..89 ..) in Cali  we have  87, 89, 91  ...      ( well prove it???
can't
what a loser you are, and quit posting crap )  J.C. ... Had being the Key word here.. like the rest of the "stickers " they ..were takin off.. but I did ask the .."service manager" @ Hahms suzuk .. N he said they "apply " those because it keeps there "ass' out of trouble .. n as far as the "loser" remark .. "nice" show of .. " Limited Vocabulary " there J.c. ..

yr losing me here dude...

rock.gif

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120831063 -->

no biggie S/b .. I just checked the site b/4 work only to see ( Da Busa ) guy...askin about the octane.. so I replied.. what I ...had on my bike .. was a sticker on the tank ..so I typed said reply.. J c.. apperiently was.. offended.. by such .
rock.gif

11:1 compression ratio is measured statically. If you achieve 100% efficiency, you achieve 11:1 compression dynamically. Anything less than 100% lowers the dynamic compression ratio, hence 87 octane is just fine.

no biggie    S/b .. I just  checked  the  site  b/4 work only to see  ( Da Busa ) guy...askin about the   octane..  so I replied.. what  I ...had  on my bike .. was a sticker on the tank ..so I typed  said  reply..  J c..  apperiently was.. offended.. by  such .
rock.gif
There is enough misimformation on the internet as it is. why you have to add to it is unknown.
That is my point, post facts or don't post at all.

Any opinion on the Minnesota gas? Seems like the politicans here like to push 10% Ethanol in 98% of our gas stations - 87/89/91/93. Most of the hot-rod guys usually fill up at the stations that still offer non-oxygenated and non-ethanol and they call it Super 91. Or I can always fill up with 100 or 110 Octane either one is $4.95 a gallon / too spendy for me.

Also sounds like Minnesota is going to be the test bed in the near future for the Nation - gas stations are going to start offering 20% Ethanol - I mean that is just frickin crazy. Goodbye 2 strokes, and goodbye warranties from all the big auto makers, and small engine ; Chainsaws/ lawnmowers/ weedwippers/ etc... most manuals I've seen state MAX 10% ethanol, so what you gonna do when your new $45,000.00 pickup aint gonna be covered under waranty becuase your using the only gas available in your state, which runs at 20% ethanol at all gas stations under state law, and Auto Makers in Detroit wont waranty a thing over 10% Ethanol as stated in the manual.
mad.gif

the gsxr1000s have the sticker that says 91 octane only, but the busa does not. get your stickers straight.

Back