87 octane sucks

87 octane
rock.gif
what kind of crap fuel do you have? the lowest we got is 95.. I alwas go with 98 octane.. Get som nice flames from exaust in lower rews from unused fuel
kickass.gif

This has been some interesting reading!! All about compression ratios. Stock busa is 11:1 (from what I read) and it requires 87 Octane. I'll have 13:1 compression on my busa what gas should be used? Reason I ask is gas prices in Japan are extreme and I don't want to spend alot of money on some gas that I don't need.

Example regular gas(not sure on the octane everything in japanese) cost about $13 dollars to fill up and $20-22 dollars on supreme gas. Its roughly $0.65 per liter (this is the cheap stuff) and around 3.7 liters to the gallon.

So you can see I'd like to save a much as I can on gas. My mechanic is saying I'll need to go to supreme...*sobs*

running up 41,000+ miles now on a y2k Busa, 87 oct is where MINE best performs, yea it's still totally stock.

When I tried 92 Oct it ran like horse radish, and had more knocks then a knock-knock Joke book.

Alot depends on the GAS your buying, what's in it besides the stuff you know, and YOUR busa.

Run what ya want, what BEST makes youR Busa sing.

Mine just likes 87 OCt, yea for me  
tounge.gif

Busafied

I dont get it, I thought higher octane made you run faster, I mean I know 2 guys with the same exact stock car, and one ran jet fuel (crazy high octane) and he spanked the other guy, but his motor was hot as crap.

But then I come here and its saying lower is better? confusing.

All I know is I might buy a busa this month....insurance depending....and probly the nice orange SE one (I like that color) and I dont wanna be messing up on gas.

Also, what do you guys consider the good gas stations? I mainly got sunocos and clarks around here, with a few marathons and a BP here and there.

Here in Portugal, there is 95 or 98 octanes... I use 95. It is cheaper and "they" say there is no difference. I really don't care because I don't drive THAT hard.

I think the bottom line here is use 87 or above for a stock busa, use whatever ever causes you to NOT ping, use whatever is chepest or pricey however you feel, use whatever octane your engine is tuned for... stock is 87 or above.

MY 2 cents is: 87 burns faster so to me that's faster reving, high octane burns slower leaving unburned carbon buildup in the system

i dunno about the rest of you but i have to use

Plutonium just to generate the 1.21 jigawatts for the flux capasitor ......when my baby hits   188 MPH you see some serious SH*T !!

kickass.gif

jump9.gif

biggrin.gif

NO OFFENSE BUT WOULD YOU FEED YOUR KIDS DOG FOOD. PROBABLY NOT. I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING BUT RIDING AROUND LOOKING FOR A PUMP WITH NOTHING BUT THE BEST. YOU DONT TAKE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE OUT TO MCDONALDS IN A TUX DO YA? SEE YA

Back