87 octane?

da busa guy

Registered
it doesn't seem right 87 octane and 11 to 1 compression i have been using 93 octane, just can't bear the thought,(of 87 octane,hot florida days and spirited riding). da Busa must be giving up a lot of horsepower with retarded timing  to run with the 87, .just wondering

<!--EDIT|da busa guy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120580674 -->

i thought the warnign sticker (where ever its at since i threw it away) said 2 use only premium
rock.gif
in az, the highest we have is 91 (bastards took 92 from us 2 years ago
mad.gif
).. and i always use that.

87 is all she needs
wink.gif
if you want to spend more....well I guess it's only money.

There was no warning sticker saying to use premium. Matter of fact there's a white sticker on the right side of your frame clearly stating 87 octane.

A stock Busa was designed to run on 87 and it runs best on 87 (this ain't the groovy 60's anymore). Spending more money for less HP and eventual carbon build up doesn't make sense.

uhmm.. perhaps ..its a West Coast thing .. but my "busa' had a sticker sayin ( To use " ONLY " 91 octane ) ....gas..( and it states that in the manual too ) .. but, being the type of guy I am..I tried all of ..them ..n Im still use'n ..89 ..) in Cali we have 87, 89, 91 ..
sad.gif

uhmm..  perhaps ..its a  West Coast thing .. but  my  "busa' had a  sticker  sayin (  To use " ONLY " 91 octane ) ....gas..( and it states that in the manual too ) .. but,  being the  type of guy I am..I tried  all of ..them ..n Im still use'n ..89 ..) in Cali  we have  87, 89, 91  ..  
sad.gif
really? post a pic on the owners manual where it says that

uhmm..  perhaps ..its a  West Coast thing .. but  my  "busa' had a  sticker  sayin (  To use " ONLY " 91 octane ) ....gas..( and it states that in the manual too ) .. but,  being the  type of guy I am..I tried  all of ..them ..n Im still use'n ..89 ..) in Cali  we have  87, 89, 91  ..  
sad.gif
really? post a pic on the owners manual where it says that
I too live in CA and I don't see a sticker that says "Premium or 91 Only" It says use a minimum 87 octane. I run 89 just b/c it's oxygenated.

i thought the warnign sticker (where ever its at since i  threw it away) said 2 use only premium
rock.gif
  in az, the highest we have is 91 (bastards took 92 from us 2 years ago
mad.gif
 ).. and i always use that.
Some of them say it and some don't. That's because OPEC only had so many stickers printed up. Why would Suzuki care what gas I use if it's a matter of performance they wouldn't have chained the beast with limiters.

sad.gif
well prove it???
can't
what a loser you are, and quit posting crap

This is straight from the Hayabusa manual.  I only run 87 octane with no problems.  Not taking any sides just thought I could help clear up "The manual says this" stuff.

Attachments

• bfuel.doc
    192.5 KB · Views: 278
rock.gif

Theres no sticker on CA bikes that says use 91 octane. My stickers say "87 pump min"

uhmm..  perhaps ..its a  West Coast thing .. but  my  "busa' had a  sticker  sayin (  To use " ONLY " 91 octane )
yer prob. confused by the different ways to measure octane;

suzuki recommends min 87 "pump" octane or minimum 91 octane by the "research" method.

Pump octane is the one you should pay attention to, unless you're filling the bike up at a chemistry lab...

damnit someone do a dyno test, anyways i know in cars a 9.0 compression run on regular, bump timing 4 degrees advance use premium (will ping otherwise) about 8-10 hp at least on the old 5.0 mustang about 2 tenths or so quicker in the 1/4. with a program in the busa to advance timing and use premium seems like some cheap HP. any ideas?

i use 91 octane... but I dont think thats necessary for the Busa!! 87 is just fine...

I have ran 86 before and she ran fine, a lot better on the pocketbook also. The dealership here told me that they recommend the lower octane because of the alltitude we are at. Supposed to help it at higher eleveations. I dont know if it does or not but it did not degrade performance any that I noticed...

dig through the threads... and polls. 87 is fine all day long... I try NOT to use one brand. The major refineries use slightly different additives and from past experience, sticking w/ one brand, not the octane rating, will cause the bike to suffer.

Back