46 tooth sprocket in place

R1000

Registered
The bike feels a bit smoother and pulls noticeable better
muscle.gif
. The front gets off ground a (tiny) bit when the clutch lever is released on 6th. The picture below tells about the road conditions here :laugh:

20090405001.jpg

Wow, good to see your ridin though, lol...

I am planning on a 45 or a 46, what's it like in 1,2, and 3?

Wow, good to see your ridin though, lol...

I am planning on a 45 or a 46, what's it like in 1,2, and 3?

I didn't dare to test WOT on 1 to 3 today, have been swimming and cutting branches in the garden so the strenght and balance is not perfect as needed :banghead: I guess it will be a wheelie monster on lower gears :laugh: The engine feels smoother due to the 7% higher rpm and I could also feel that the wheel base has decreased by the bike being more flickable.

Last edited:
I have gone +4 on the rear and by all means it makes for a much funner ride and who really needs to go 186

I went up in tire height and have a +3 rear sprocket. The bike is smoother in all gears and doesnt feel like it is lugging. Yes, the damn thing puts the front in the air quickly when compared too stock. 3rd comes up and so does 4th when you get to the top of the rev range! :whistle: :race: 1st and 2nd ....well you can guess that on. The bike seems to be more nimble too with the shorter wheel base and taller height in the rear from the tire.:cheerleader:

The 46T sprocket was further tested today. I can't say anything else than being very happy with it. The bike is super-strong on lower gears and it pulls like a freight train also on 6th at any speed. The pulling power on 6th is almost as good as 3rd or 4th on a light Gixxer 1000 -03.

It will take some time to get use to this brutal power; it is easy to slide the rear etc. when the tyres are not fully warmed up. But this is also exactly what I want, a bike that is stronger in any situation than needed. I would be surprised if I’ll meet anything on the road that accelerates as hard as the Busa is doing now.

The bike revs significantly (7%) more and even though it still revs less at e.g. 60 mph than any modern sport-bike, it is initially slightly annoying, but something I’ll get used to in a day or two.

Hi i am from Singapore & i'm riding gen2 busa. Can i say that is it that for e front sprocket remain e same and change only e rear sprocket to 46T to have more top end power?

^ ???

Are asking the difference between going up or down on either front or rear?

Take the rear teeth number and divide by the front. The answer will tell you how many front teeth equal the rear. Meaning going up one is like taking away 3 from the rear. Going down on the front is equal to going up in the back.

If you are looking for top end speed up in the front down in the back

Acceleration down in the front up in the back.

^ ???

Are asking the difference between going up or down on either front or rear?

Take the rear teeth number and divide by the front. The answer will tell you how many front teeth equal the rear. Meaning going up one is like taking away 3 from the rear. Going down on the front is equal to going up in the back.

If you are looking for top end speed up in the front down in the back

Acceleration down in the front up in the back.

Sorry i dont understand what do u mean, lets say if i put-

REAR = 46T, what abt front???

Front =

if i wan only mid and top end is it right that i put rear 46T and what should i put for front???

If you put 46T rear I suggest you leave the front sprocket stock (18T), or you may wish the bike had a 7th gear.

Last edited:
Back