45 vs 46 Tooth Rear Sprocket

No..... your the wheelie king here I see your avatar standing on the pegs.:beerchug: beer to that! I tried that position and I am to hunched over guess being 6ft7 its to much of a reach. I am just an old dragracer that loves the busas 46 gearing to toat the front wheel.
From what it feels like on the street its fun, on the dragstrip with stock wheelbase and no strapping the front end its challenging to get past the 1/8 with the front wheel down, and I personally dont think I would go 46 for a road course racing against others but I dont know I am not a track knee dragger.

No wheelie king here, I'm just fillin' in til he shows up.:laugh:
At 6' 7" I bet you are a sight standing up on a wheelie!:laugh: I'm sure you have no problem seeing over the winsheild seated either with the front end high.
I agree the 46t with stock wheelbase isn't great for dragracing. I don't think it would be ideal for trackdays on a regular basis either. But probably ok if you just wanted to try one on with it.:thumbsup:

So it sounds like a 45T is a better route to go for more grunt and easier time keeping the front wheel planted on the ground for aggressive road riding and trackdays. I think the front will still come up a lot easier over stock but not as quick or as easy as with a 46T and it seems like it wouldn't rip up but just float a bit.

I have a 45T on my busa and it works pretty well for all around riding and the occasional track day.

Back