Who is running a 46 tooth sprocket?

Well I just ordered my 3rd rear tire, and I was thinking of changing the rear sprocket up from a 43 to a 46 while I have the rear wheel off.
I noticed Suzuki uses Sunpro sprockets and I may go back with a Sunpro to keep the OEM look.
Question: Can I goto a 46 with the stock chain or will it be to short?
Have you changed from a 18 - 43 to a 18 - 46 sprocket change and what is your opinion?

Yes it will fit. Will have to move adjustment forward but it will fit.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

No I am not. Does not suit how I ride. Considering going the other way to be perfectly honest.
I watched the indy shop I use put one on. The only thing he did was adjust the blocks forward. Was talking with the wrench(co-owner) about my bike.
sorry to intrude on your thread.
Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

You should ne fine with the stock chain. I run a 47 tooth and it was too tight and I needed a new chain but it was just barely too tight. 46 is the max for a stock chain. Plus it will shorten the wheel base about 1" from the stock position which will help you in the turns.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I went up to a 45 from the 43 when I switched wheels w/stock chain and still had adj. left. So you should have no problem with the 46.

I run a 46 tooth rear, it fit fine.

The Busa is already a wheelie machine, but with the 46 tooth rear its even funner.

I am going to put mine back to stock because i keep eating through rear tires wheelieing every time there is a straight! :)

My .02

OK thanks for all the input:beerchug:
I just wanted to make sure I didnt have to add any links. Yes, I see it eating rear tires up more with hard accleration and wheelies, but thats part of the reason I ride the Hayabusa. :thumbsup:

OK thanks for all the input:beerchug:
I just wanted to make sure I didnt have to add any links. Yes, I see it eating rear tires up more with hard accleration and wheelies, but thats part of the reason I ride the Hayabusa. :thumbsup:

You will only eat tires if you want to, its all about the control of the right wrist. Like I said, I have a 47 tooth and I don't go through tires any faster than I did with the stock sprocket.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have a 46 rear on my 08 and I love it. It fits the stock chain fine with plenty of slack for adjustment.
The wheelbase shortens by over an inch too and the Busa becomes an even easier wheelie machine.:thumbsup:

Back