Dropping 1 tooth on front sprocket

That small of a front sprocket would let the chain rub the arm at the arm/frame pivot area too?

That what I would have thought and I'm no mechanic. I also thought that one of the benefits of going up in the rear sprocket was to provide extra clearance for the chain. over the swingarm.

I DROPPED ONE IN FRONT ON A 08 BUSA AND ITS PULLS OFF THE LINE FAST AND MIDS ARE FINE I LOVE IT GSXR 1000 AND 750 CAN'T EVEN GET ME OFF THE LINE:laugh:

Ok, thanks for the help guys, I also have now changed a few things. I kept my 16 tooth front sprocket, got a PCIII and did the small airbox mod. I don't have a personal map yet, took a map from a buddy of mine that has the exact same bike but did -1/+2 and only has yoshimura slip-ons but now my bike pulls harder then ever. Still losing to my buddy on his R1 and my other buddy on his 07 GSXr 1K but I weigh 281lbs and these guys are like 170lbs. Any suggestions for a big guy like me to make up the difference. Granted I am not losing by much, we roll on at about 50 in 2nd gear and they end up sitting about 2 bike lengths in front of me but not moving away.

R1 has: Termignoni full exhaust, pro velocity stacks, K&N, PCIII
07 GSXr 1k has: -2 front sprocket, full yoshimura exhaust, K&N, stretched 6"

Ok, thanks for the help guys, I also have now changed a few things. I kept my 16 tooth front sprocket, got a PCIII and did the small airbox mod. I don't have a personal map yet, took a map from a buddy of mine that has the exact same bike but did -1/+2 and only has yoshimura slip-ons but now my bike pulls harder then ever. Still losing to my buddy on his R1 and my other buddy on his 07 GSXr 1K but I weigh 281lbs and these guys are like 170lbs. Any suggestions for a big guy like me to make up the difference. Granted I am not losing by much, we roll on at about 50 in 2nd gear and they end up sitting about 2 bike lengths in front of me but not moving away.

R1 has: Termignoni full exhaust, pro velocity stacks, K&N, PCIII
07 GSXr 1k has: -2 front sprocket, full yoshimura exhaust, K&N, stretched 6"

Big guys have a hard time with the lighter guys on equal bikes... Just enjoy the ride and race the bigger guys only..:lol: or Turbo :laugh:

I ran 17/43 for a long time. Very nice setup. But now run 17/39 for touring.

Back