Is going down 1 tooth in front going to put me..

The Big Red One

Registered
I was gonna swap front sprockets and go down 1 tooth from stock....but I'm wondering if that will raise my rpm's enough in 6th to put me in the 4500-4700 engine vibe zone. Except for that spot the Busa's as smooth as glass, and I don't wanna ruin the smoothness. Stock I hit that spot at a little over 90 in top gear. I wanna keep 70 to 80 smooth for highway running. Anybody who's done any sprocket swapping or has any info I would love to hear it....I don't wanna swap front sprockets if I just have to swap them right back.....thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

I went up three in the rear on my busa and love it! One down in the front is equal to two and a half teeth in the rear. I took my GSXR1000 up two in the rear and one down in front and made a killer wheelie machine but 5K turns gives me 70 mph. It's easier on your chain if you go up in back instead of down in the front.

doesnt that make your busa a wheelie machine too the 3+ in the back???

Gearing your busa down is the most economical additional thrust you can buy. For less than a hundred bucks you can give yourself a considerable amount of additional thrust and will out perform any of your friends on their stock busa. Although you do loose some speed on the top end. If going Mach2 is your thing, don't do it. But if you like going no more than a buck fifty and getting there in a hurry, by all means gear that puppy down. It does make your busa lift the front tire easier with only 3 up in the rear but your busa is never going to be a great wheelie machine. It's just to heavy. The more weight you have to deal with when you get her up to the true balance point (Which very few guys actually get to) the easier it is to let her go over backwards. It's harder to set her down gently as well. If you miss a gear when you are up really high, you busa really smacks down hard. Once all that weight starts down it picks up speed quickly and bottoms out your forks.

hey fellas im new to this board just bought a '02 grey busa and i dropped it one tooth to a 16 in the front and all i can say is damn!!! and im not new to riding i also hav a '02 1000 so if you wanna launch hard and take a little stress off of your clutch than drop it one tooth or add in the back...skypop outta here

im going up three in the rear heck for 40 bucks its the cheapest mod you can buy:blush:

Back