250k + Mile gixxer taken out by deer

jphilipson

Registered
From another forum I frequent - this guy was well on his way to 300k, and a deer took him out. Really sucks for him - and I was waiting to see him turn 300k :bowdown: - he's OK at least. Gixxer 750 FYI

PA180210.JPG

PA180216.JPG

damn!! thats amazing...although i wonder if there is some Error in the odo...such as gearing change....either way...even with 10% off...thats alot!! im sure that he will love replacing that one with a new Gixxer...or mabey a busa!!

I missed the "K" at first glance... that's a lot of miles without a catastrophic failure (motor, user, or other driver). I'm impressed, even though it's wrecked right now. If I could, I'd fix it back up and ride it to a million miles!

stupid deer, kill em all!

Shame for the bike, new fairings, forks ect... and keep goin, the motor is still a beast.

In his post on the other site does he mention what issues he has had out of it with that many miles logged?

In his post on the other site does he mention what issues he has had out of it with that many miles logged?

Yeah, I dug up an older post - Lot's of oil and tires of course, plas the following.

It's on it's 4th stator. -- they cost about $150 each -- first one was under warranty; hence free.
It's on it's 3rd STV actuator. -- they cost about $450 each.

I'd say that's not so bad on sportbike with 250k+

Very impressive mileage! The bike looks worse than when I hit the deer - I lost the headlight only, and the sucker lived - ran into the woods after I hit him on his butt. But I was doing only 30-40.

I also don't get this fascination with numbers - what's so special about 300k miles? Or maybe that was 300k kilometers? Why not celebrate 200k, or 250k, or 222222? Why celebrate at all? If he truly enjoys riding that many miles, that's the gift in itself. And if he only was doing it to get to the number on the odometer, but not enjoying the actual riding - that's where the problem is.

250K, hitting a deer, and STILL no puddle of oil under it.. Hmmmm.. Harley Davidson, take note.. :poke:

:rofl:

I also don't get this fascination with numbers - what's so special about 300k miles? Or maybe that was 300k kilometers? Why not celebrate 200k, or 250k, or 222222? Why celebrate at all? If he truly enjoys riding that many miles, that's the gift in itself. And if he only was doing it to get to the number on the odometer, but not enjoying the actual riding - that's where the problem is.

There's nothing special about 300k - was impressed at 100k, 150k, 200k and 250k. It's just the number that popped in my head when posting. Seriously though, how many sportbikes do you see with that mileage?

Very impressive mileage! The bike looks worse than when I hit the deer - I lost the headlight only, and the sucker lived - ran into the woods after I hit him on his butt. But I was doing only 30-40.

I don't think you could put that many miles on a Gsxr750 without enjoying the riding. Period.

Back