2022 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

DSC00502.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

It all leads to a hidden beach, Bonny Doon Beach. You can't see it from the highway and need to know it's here. Big waves from the storm we're riding out of.

DSC00514.JPG

Bikes as far as my mirrors can see. Highway 1 along the ocean into Santa Cruz is kinda boring here, it's bone straight into Santa Cruz.

DSC00528.JPG

Wasn't planning on that.

DSC00531.JPG

DSC00532.JPG

I made a really dumb mistake in I always carry a Stop n Go tire repair kit, and the kit comes with 25 mushrooms. Would you believe I pulled out my kit to fix this tire, and didn't have any mushrooms? :crazy:

I've used them all up!

I've plugged 25 plus flat tires over the last few years and never thought to check if I had any mushrooms left. Mark came to the rescue with his kit, but he only had worms, and those are not as reliable. When we patch it with a mushroom, I'll give you a 99% odds that'll it'll work. The worms however have been a life-saver when the hole is so big, we couldn't patch it with a mushroom - which has happened.

The worm last two days and on the third day, it came out and had to be patched again. Mushrooms don't do that.

DSC00533.JPG

DSC00535.JPG

DSC00536.JPG

On the way to Parkfield headed down Highway 25, a full size turkey ran out in the road and I hit the turkey at 60 mph. The Clearwater Light went right through the turkey and the bird exploded. Feathers went everywhere and were even stuck in the radiator of the bike behind me. Blood and guts were all over the front of the fairing and stuck in the radiator. The durability of these Clearwater Lights are pretty amazing. Bracket bent back, but the light stayed lit. Easy fix with a bracket swap when I got back from this ride.

DSC00574.JPG

image11-17.JPG

Last edited:
Parkfield has some really cool cabins and accommodations you can book.

image0.JPG

image01.JPG

image02.JPG

You can even rent the Post Office to stay in.

image0-2.JPG

Chilly morning

image04.JPG

One of the fellas had his wife with him, he was riding, she was driving. So this ride, we had a chase vehicle.

image02-9.JPG

image2-2.JPG

Checking on Karen's tire, it was low.

DSC00567.JPG

Our group of 19 was so large, we headed for Cambria for lunch, but split the group up at two different restaurants along Main Street.

DSC00584.JPG

Final day of the ride, Ross & I headed due north out of Parkfield. This road has 4-miles of gravel, but has a really fun descent to Highway 198 as it comes off the range.

image09-1.JPG

DSC00587.JPG

DSC00591.JPG

Back