2022 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

Great group of riders, spot on pace and all in snyc with one another.

DSC00619.JPG

Ever in Bodfish, check out their tank

DSC00616-2.JPG

Up the Kern River Canyon heading for Parker Pass & The Trail of 100 Giants to check out the giant Sequoias.

DSC00621.JPG

Headed north out of Kernville into the Southern Sierra Range

DSC00625.JPG

DSC00626-2.JPG

One thing that was noticeable about this group was most had Clearwater Lights with the yellow lens covers. All I see in my mirrors is a yellow. Super bright for daytime riding.

DSC00628-2.JPG

I'm often asked what my favorite California Motorcycle Road is.

The asker is often bemused or surprised when I say, after crossing off roads for 30 years, I don't have one. But I do like the twisty ones. Those are at the top of any riders list. More twisty, the better. Our visit to the giant sequoia forest completed, the Western Divide Highway rides the very spine of the Southern Sierra Nevada Range, but what goes up must ride down (and the Indian Scout Bobber needed gas).

Highway 190 is one of the twistiest roads in the state, few people have ever heard of it as it's always deserted. But someone counted 250 curves in 25 miles. And, we rode the full length with zero vehicles in front of us. That's what motorcycling bliss is. After that many tight curves, the riders needed a break, and once we reached Springville, it was time for ice cream.

DSC00695.JPG

DSC00697.JPG

DSC00699.JPG

Back