2012 Hayabusa Limited Edition - Now Available!

cqt1414

Registered
If you visit their main site ( Suzuki Cycles ) and click "motorcycles". You will see the 2012 hayabusa for $13,999. And a limited edition for $14,299. From my limited research, it appears the limited edition is red, and that is the ONLY difference.

I've always wondered why they didn't make a sport touring edition, or something different to generate additional interest. btw, this was not on their website yesterday, it is new for today (12/17/2011).

if anyone has more insight to this limited model, let me know.

Thanks,
cqt1414

For 2005, the LE was nothing more than solid paint, black wheels with polished metal bead, and a "limited" nameplate on the top on the triple tree. Looks like from the website's spec comparison page, the 2012 LE is the same as the original Busa (go to the LE page, and click on "Specs" below the bike and you'll see a comparison): Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - Hayabusa - 2012 - GSX1300RZ

I think all three 2012 colors look great, but for red, my favorite was the 2004 LE--looked like a Ferrari red.

Actually, I think this is good news....an LE signals the beginning of a next gen...

Colours for 2012 and 2013, Gen 3 2014 :whistle:

Makes sense when all Euro bikes will need ABS by then and Suzuki will have followed K's example with traction control and more torque :laugh:

is the white 2112 the same as the white 09?

2112 will be more automated, Zuk has been testing it for some time now, I am sure it be ready and in production by then.

You will be able to change the color of the bike by voice command, just walk up to it , say the color and BAM! it changes to that color. :whistle:

:laugh:

Nice color . I just couldn't justify spending that kind of coin for a bike that is only a different color than my '08 . Plus my '08 is within spitting distance of being paid off .

$14,000 for a Gen2? Yeah no thanks, I'd just buy a nice stock 08' for $7500. If someone wanted the color that bad they could get it painted for $1500 which is still but way cheaper.

I have the limited edition 03 burning copper busa. I have different plastics for it now so it is a different color scheme. I've been told that it doesn't have the limiter and thats what made it limited. I don't know, I have never and probably never will test it out. There is only so much you can do for bikes in making them "limited". But just changing the color doesn't deserve the "limited" title. I mean with all the different things they have for bikes now. Accessories, lights, rims, exhaust, or any add on you can think of. Why not put that on a bike and then put the "limited" title on it, as then it would be deserving of the title.

Calling this bike "limited" means they can charge a little more money for it. It's actually smart marketing because it will help bridge the gap to the higher price of the Gen III, which will probably be in line with the Kawasaki which lists at $14,699. They couldn't just raise the price of all the Gen II's that much because people would be quick to move to the 14 and leave old Busa inventory collecting dust and interest payments on the showroom floor. However, they feel the need to ease the market into a higher price point and avoid massive sticker shock which could potentially cause a slow launch of the upcoming product and hurt the business. By setting a higher price on just a few Gen II's they will leave most of the old inventory at a significantly lower price than the Gen III, (so they will still be able to move them even after the new bike comes out) but they also create a smooth transition into the price of the Gen III by offering this "Limited Edition" at an intermediate price. You can do a little reading on Game Theory to see where I'm going with this.

I think this only works if they actually have a Gen III on the way in the next year or so. If there's not a new bike coming out, then this is just the beginning of a slow death for the Hayabusa. Setting MSRP too far above the equilibrium price would give Suzuki poor model sales and justification to get out of the hypersport market while avoiding the backlash they would receive for just cancelling the model.

I'm betting my :2cents: there's a new Busa on the way.

I hope... :please:

Back