Hayabusa Limited Edition

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
For all I know , this is the last year for the Busa as we know it but , this is what I think Suzuki should be doing with the bike . I mean a limited edition should be something other than color difference .

I think they should offer it with a higher first gear ratio . Not all of us like a bike geared for drag starts .

A factory 4-1 pipe . A good one at that , just ready for a replacement can .

More camshaft

Brake upgrade

Chassis tweaks

Shave that airbox down a little and add some fuel capacity .

An aside .

I would like to see Suzuki develop and make available low cost " Suzuki R&D " racing hard parts to include baseline 1450cc crate motors .

Lastly in mountainmotors world of wishing I would like to see the AMA get rid of the Boxer cup series and make room for a new and groovy Hayabusa Cup  along with a 20 lap GSX1300R unlimited sprint race at Daytona at the season opener .

Whoooa , what a hoot that would be ! I would be in for sure

biggrin.gif

A higher 1st gear?? 75 mph in 1st isn't high enough? I still have stock gearing & the busa has the highest geared 1st of anything I have had. Just my $.02.
wink.gif

I think they should do something like Ford did with the Cobra R, deck it out with all the best aftermarket mods out there! Do something to atleast set it apart from the rest performance wise. Maybe a few more HP, Ohlins forks, Brembo brakes, stainless lines,Michelin or Pirelli tires,Yosh or the like full exhaust,hell anything besides a mono color and a Limited Badge thats cost a couple of bucks! NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114717766 -->

I think they should do something like Ford did with the Cobra R, deck it out with all the best aftermarket mods out there! Do something to atleast set it apart from the rest performance wise. Maybe a few more HP, Ohlins forks, Brembo brakes, stainless lines,Michelin or Pirelli tires,Yosh or the like full exhaust,hell anything besides a mono color and a Limited Badge thats cost a couple of bucks! NJ.
Now your talking my speed..

...id love to have a busa with all those goodies in it
biggrin.gif

...andhow about a titanium sub frame
rock.gif

So you think that instead of paying an extra $100 we should pay an extra $1000-2000? I like the ideas but it would be like the difference between a Ducati 999 and a 999R; several thousand dollars and lots of exotic light-weight parts.

So you think that instead of paying an extra $100 we should pay an extra $1000-2000? I like the ideas but it would be like the difference between a Ducati 999 and a 999R; several thousand dollars and lots of exotic light-weight parts.
Whats your point? Are you saying you wouldn't buy a REAL Limited as opposed to a regular busa with a limited badge and a mono paint job? Historically, people have always bought the real thing, All the cobra R's were sold WAAYYYYYY before they were produced! And whats wrong with light and exotic parts?

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114768522 -->

A higher 1st gear?? 75 mph in 1st isn't high enough? I still have stock gearing & the busa has the highest geared 1st of anything I have had. Just my $.02.
wink.gif
It's not about busting the 100mph mark in 1st gear , it's about lower rpm at 35 mph for example and or not feeling the need to shift to 2nd under certain conditions . Around town I'm shifting to 3rd when my Son is still in 1st or maybe starting the 2nd gear shift .

Most bikes have a low first for drag race or to help get going w/o alot of power . The Busa has plenty and I have already seen in the twisties where I would have liked to still be in first for better drive out than second gave me in the really tight low speed corners .

I guess riding a Honda with a HRC gear set spoiled me . Not the the Busa is bad in this regard , just would be a mod I'd do if the parts were available based on past experience with such . Just dreaming to perfect and suppose it's a matter of preference assuming one knows of the choices .

I do think a High Peformance version of the Hayabusa would sell though and Mr Brown ,

You could expect that and more  
wink.gif

wink.gif

There is no need for a higher geared first. The reason you are in third is becasue the busa has tons more touque than any other bike, so you can be in third...just my .02 But I like the idea of aftermarket things on the LE.

Back