2006 zo6 CORVETTE DOES 198MPH Stock does mid 11s

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GWYA,GWYA:2005-04,GWYA:en&q=198mph+corvette

My buddy works for GM and was a test driver for the new z06. he told me the car is absolutely sick lol. The ####### sent me a picture.. "a day at the office" with him in a blue 2006 z06 earlier this summer

Truwrecks has a sick ass 05' Corvette, which I believe is nearly as fast.

For $50K its best bang for the buck stock sports car made IMO.

$44K for the standard Coupe.

Oh and I did not know the 06' Z06 has a new engine...
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/

505 hp LS7 V8 Engine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside every Z06 is an LS7 aluminum–block V8. It puts out a SAE-certified (Society of Automotive Engineers) 505 hp and 470 lb.–ft. of torque. Hand–built by the GM Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich., the LS7 engine contains a litany of racing–derived components, such as an eight–quart dry–sump lubrication system, titanium valves and connecting rods, forged–steel crankshaft with six–bolt main bearings, high–profile cam, and Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machined heads for better air/fuel flow. Even with its performance, the engine does not incur a federal government gas–guzzler penalty.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131314345 -->

Yea, watched a short clip in it last nite....car is badass! 505 hp 427ci smallblock! We're talkin SERIOUS fun!

not suprising. afterall, it's got similar performance numbers as the viper or the ford gt.

good luck finding a 05' z for less than 75k at this time. i've seen some asking price in the 100 g's.

06 Z06 is the best sports car out there, dollar for dollar. You simply can't get that kind of performance and reliability for that price anywhere else. Sure, it's not a Porsche or Ferrari, but it will run right with them for quite a bit less cheese. Finally the general does something right! And to whoever mentioned the Viper or Ford GT, the Viper don't want no part of the new Z06, and the GT is in a different price bracket.....

Nice!!! I want one!!!
biggrin.gif

For as plush as the vettes have always been be my first choice since they are gonna compete finally. Times I've read Corvette 06 11.52 Viper 11.77 not a lot of dif be like the Busa 12R thing Driver will decide alot PS I'll take either Love both but not quite as much as a Lambo

Yes indeed the new Z06 is a beast with a completely new small block putting out enough horsepower and torque to be a nightmare for those $100K + cars. If I ever had the money, I would get one and have a world of fun driving it. I would even see what it can do against a bike, not from a stand still though!!
biggrin.gif

I've never been a "VETTE" person. I had a 74 L-82 convertable. And I really didn't like it's handling.
But I would like ta give the new "Z-07" a spin!
biggrin.gif

I've never like the vettes either because they seem to be everywhere. The Vipers just really always seem to be a headturner
wow.gif
But man the numbers that the new zo6 is producing and all of the write ups that i have been reading are really getting me interested in this car, especially at the msrp listed. I have been waiting and waiting to most likely pull the trigger on a few year old viper, but now i may need to wait for the 07 zo6 because i don't believe an 06 will be able to be had at anywhere near msrp. But we will see.
smile.gif
Definitely one bad a$$ car.

Have you actually looked at a C6 Vette?

My stock C6 Z51 is almost as quick as most modern sport bikes, but it's got longer legs than all of the stock bikes sold in North America. 189MPH at the limiter!

The Vette isn't competing with the Viper. The Vette is a bit more tame, has more luxuries, and turns much better track times.

As far as the looks, I get lots of people that feel the need to come over and look at it.

Not bad for an ugly American piece of junk!
cool.gif

beerchug.gif

My stock C6 Z51 is almost as quick as most modern sport bikes, but it's got longer legs than all of the stock bikes sold in North America.  189MPH at the limiter!
Come again?
rock.gif

A stock C-6 runs mid 12's. The average sport bikes even the 600's run in the low 11's- high 10's.

The only chance you have is TOPSPEED. Anything below 160mph and even the Z06 doesn't have a chance.

My stock C6 Z51 is almost as quick as most modern sport bikes, but it's got longer legs than all of the stock bikes sold in North America.  189MPH at the limiter!
Come again?
rock.gif

A stock C-6 runs mid 12's.  The average sport bikes even the 600's run in the low 11's- high 10's.  

The only chance you have is TOPSPEED.  Anything below 160mph and even the Z06 doesn't have a chance.
I NEVER said my Z51 was as fast as most modern sportbikes! Yes modern sportbikes are quicker than my Vette, but when they hit the limiter the Vette is still accellerating to it's top speed.

Yes the stock bikes are QUICKER.
Yes my stock Z51 is FASTER.

tounge.gif

no wait.. this can't be right..

smoke told me it was just an overpriced mustang... WTF?

mwhahaha.. I told you all that the C6 would blow your minds.. but apparently only a few heeded my advice.

I got to play with a few of them before most anybody.. hehe

at new hampshire raceway... coupla porsche's, few BMWs... ahhh..

haha.. world class sports cars.. above, and beyond anything else mass produced in America... and this will include the GT40 when they get around to head/head..

oh... and the price is right!

even if you pay 100k for one.. your still saving atleast 40-50k buy going with the vette over the viper, or gt40.

Back