My Busa vs. 07 ZO6

so.....anyone got any simple tips for launching for those not too skilled in the art?
What RPMs? when would you shift to second? Third...? etc?

I would be embarrassed if a mitsushibi or a chevette came even close.....a skilled busa rider should dust them both....is there a site on this forum that talks about launching?

actually.....I'd be scared of two things with a fast launch....

the 12 oclock wheelie...
frying the clutch

(babuski @ Sep. 28 2006,09:12) I would be embarrassed if a mitsushibi or a chevette came even close.....a skilled busa rider should dust them both....is there a site on this forum that talks about launching?
I, on the other hand, would kill myself  
laugh.gif

I, on the other hand, would kill myself[/Quote]

That's
jump9.gif

(babuski @ Sep. 28 2006,09:12) actually.....I'd be scared of two things with a fast launch....

the 12 oclock wheelie...
frying the clutch
It takes a lot to fry a Busa clutch. Use it as your launching tool. 5 or 6 grand, practice letting it out slowly and increasing throttle at the same time. With practice, you'll start letting the clutch out quicker and get a pretty good launch down.

(Tango1300 @ Sep. 24 2006,15:09) My brother's 2005 Mitsubishi Evo walks my 05 Busa to about 150 and then I start catching up.  Off the line I have not a prayer.  HE launches like the Space Shuttle at 7500 rpm and all 4 wheels scratching thru drag radials.
I would LOVE to race yor brothers EVO!!!

He must be over 700whp to keep ahead of you for that long...

(heavybusa @ Sep. 27 2006,18:20) All I can add here is that a novice racer will get crushed by a good car anytime.

The car can launch harder and in most cases shift more accurately.
More like a crap amature will get crushed by a good car. I guess it depends on your definition of such. Hell the "Novice" journalists were nailing mid and low 10's with the zx-14's show at vegas (hope that bike isn't taboo to mention). Recent part in T.W.O magazine where Autocar invited one of their guys with a 14 out for a top end run on a short runway against what i would call "good" cars. Some names were ford GT, SLR Mclaren, and such. Fastest was the benz with 175mph. The stock 14 nailed 183. Autocar didn't mention who was fastest at first but, in order to save face from being exposed in T.W.O, they admitted the 14 was Tops that day in the follow up read.
biggrin.gif

If your definition of a good car is a money pit set up to do ten's with few "Best of" 8's to boast around about or a 1200+hp highway monster then ok no mistake what should happen against even a novice on a stock or lightly modded open class bike. Thing is i've seen with such cars be it drag running or highway blasts, things break when pushed hard or more then a few times. Reliability is my main thing especially since nothing is worth the time if it needs a garage 5 days a week. Tuned bikes done right don't have probs being used everyday and eating such "bikekiller" cars. Fulltilt made a dvd proving that.
biggrin.gif

Not trying to start anything. Just stating some real world facts. Cars can have bikekilling abilites but not for long before they need a wrench or two. The most important yet rarest accessory any sportbike can have is a rider that can unleash just 90% of it's true ability. And we all know what happens when the bikes start getting tuned thoughtfully.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm sorry but there is no car that is under $100,000 that will do a quarter mile in less than 10seconds . I know a stock busa with a good rider can do high 9s , and a really good rider can do mid 9s . Jsut practice on your launch. And yes the Z06 is sweet!!

(frisbee @ Sep. 29 2006,01:56) I'm sorry but there is no car that is under $100,000 that will do a quarter mile in less than 10seconds . I know a stock busa with a good rider can do high 9s , and a really good rider can do mid 9s . Jsut practice on your launch. And yes the Z06 is sweet!!
umm ya know they 'ghey' rear mount STS turbos you get for about $4K .....well....

Under 10 secs....

wink.gif

(BusaCruise @ Sep. 28 2006,23:54)
(frisbee @ Sep. 29 2006,01:56) I'm sorry but there is no car that is under $100,000 that will do a quarter mile in less than 10seconds . I know a stock busa with a good rider can do high 9s , and a really good rider can do mid 9s .  Jsut practice on your launch. And yes the Z06 is sweet!!
umm  ya know they 'ghey' rear mount STS turbos you get for about $4K .....well....

Under 10 secs....

wink.gif
Dude, 9.33 that vette
super.gif

(frisbee @ Sep. 28 2006,22:56) I'm sorry but there is no car that is under $100,000 that will do a quarter mile in less than 10seconds . I know a stock busa with a good rider can do high 9s , and a really good rider can do mid 9s . Jsut practice on your launch. And yes the Z06 is sweet!!
You might want to read up on some cars. You can easily get a Fox body Mustang BELOW 10.00 for under $30,000.

Fast cars are out there guys but when you are talking a factory STOCK Z06 -vs- a BUSA, it's NO COMPARISON! You could stall the bike (restart), miss one or two shifts and still beat that mid-11 second car on a stock BUSA......

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are lucky, down here people do not want to run my Busa. This town sux. You guys need to practice your launching BIG TIME. It is guys like you that have a Busa and get owned by a slow car that makes these people think they are the ****.

I have a 68 camaro now and have had camaros since I have been driving. My fisrt car was a 75 camaro, second a 77 firebird, truck, 98 Z-28 (FAST), truck, truck/grand prix, truck. Man I love camaros. Raced a vette in my 98 on I-35... I was not left but the vette just kept pulling more than I was. We hit 140 quickly. COOOOOLLLL!!!!

Back