2014 Corvette or Lotus elise?

DF70A2C1-053F-41FF-B287-50B10C07C456.jpeg

I dunno, the Corvette loses something by going this route. It went from a hybrid sports/muscle car to an exotic. It used to be an identifiable icon, now it looks like all the rest.

If it truly has all the exoticar bits on it with no cheap short cuts, the price will be in the exoticar range too. Despite being two valve pushrod motors the LS and LT series engines are still quite powerful and reliable. I really liked my rather tame 06 roadster. Probably
6D5953A5-B2E2-48EA-848F-DB2A134D9281.jpeg

F85C043E-99C6-48DA-89A3-02EEFC7A7630.jpeg

shoulda kept it but how many can we keep?

If it were an Exige cup 430 and not an Elise I could understand the comparison. That thing with 430 hp is a little monster. But for the original comparo I would say Vette.
https://www.lotuscars.com/exige-cup-430
Hi. I had a 1972 lotus europa. lowered with BFG 235/50s. puled 1.1 Gs back in 1973. Also had 1970 Lola T142. could pull up to 3gs with a 5 L chevy 1400LBW 575HP. Wish I still had it. I would put in a572ci with twin turbos. My friend has made 3400 HP with his.

anybody know when this mid-engine concept is gonna start showing up at dealers, or price? anything new? I hope chevy has been paying close attention to dodge and their viper... I think dodge sold 12 units in 2017.

Last edited:
Hi. I had a 1972 lotus europa. lowered with BFG 235/50s. puled 1.1 Gs back in 1973. Also had 1970 Lola T142. could pull up to 3gs with a 5 L chevy 1400LBW 575HP. Wish I still had it. I would put in a572ci with twin turbos. My friend has made 3400 HP with his.

thats cool....I love the Lotus style cars

I really like the Lotus...corvette is cool too...maybe part is I like small racy light weight cars, and you see a lot of corvettes, and ide like something different....now the mid engine corvette will be cool, but kinda takes away from what a corvette is...or has been

I pull corvettes all day in my 16 Evora 400s, although I'm FBO'd and tuned.

I almost pulled the plug on a fully loaded c7 when I came back as a daily car, but with two big dogs and the wife, I decided to get the Infiniti's new skyline (q60 redsport) and wasn't disappointed. 400 hp twin turbo stock, with FBO ( AMS LDP + CZP CBE, Z1 HKS BOV, AMS intakes, AMS drive shaft, AMS HPFP and AMS HE) + an aggressive AMS alpha red tune on ecutek - I was pushing close to 600 AWD on e85 map.

EDIT: I know this thread is late, but if you're still deciding and you want a lotus - don't cheap out on an elise. You'll have to rebuild the entire engine to move anywhere.

I own a Corvette currently, a C6. It is built with 600 to the tire. Reliable as can be and an absolute rocket. I baby it and daily drive it and it behaves almost like a stock car even with a cam. These are amazing vehicles. I went and looked at a C7, the interior is small and not for anyone over 6'2. My buddy had a Lotus Exige and my knee would hit everytime I put it into 2nd gear. Not sure how big you are, but they are different cars in terms of comfort level.

Back