2006 zo6 CORVETTE DOES 198MPH Stock does mid 11s

06 Z06 is the best sports car out there, dollar for dollar. You simply can't get that kind of performance and reliability for that price anywhere else. Sure, it's not a Porsche or Ferrari, but it will run right with them for quite a bit less cheese. Finally the general does something right! And to whoever mentioned the Viper or Ford GT, the Viper don't want no part of the new Z06, and the GT is in a different price bracket.....
Im just about to buy a 2005 GTO...and I think it ranks up there a bit considering its $30k and it has a backseat. And quite a big backseat compared to the mustang.

It has the 6L / LS2 Engine from the current corvette. 400hp and 400tq and 0-60mph in 4.8 sec with the automatic.

Not bad, huh?

...I am taking a big step by not getting another family sedan...but hey, at least my 11 and 7 year old sons can fit in the backseat for a few years.

Guilt, oy...I need something fun when I take the cage to work. I think this car will be FUN!! It doesnt look so great, but its all about the power. I never had a car that had any decent power before.

Kind of like a busa in a cage.

smile.gif

Have you actually looked at a C6 Vette?

My stock C6 Z51 is almost as quick as most modern sport bikes, but it's got longer legs than all of the stock bikes sold in North America. 189MPH at the limiter!
Come again?
rock.gif

A stock C-6 runs mid 12's. The average sport bikes even the 600's run in the low 11's- high 10's.

The only chance you have is TOPSPEED. Anything below 160mph and even the Z06 doesn't have a chance.
I NEVER said my Z51 was as fast as most modern sportbikes! Yes modern sportbikes are quicker than my Vette, but when they hit the limiter the Vette is still accellerating to it's top speed.

Yes the stock bikes are QUICKER.
Yes my stock Z51 is FASTER.

tounge.gif
Sorry dood, you need to do a little more research.

My 00 would run 194, same as my 99. Stock.

My turbo Busa is geared for 212 and will pull 208.

With a tre installed, any busa will go over 190.

Pass me some of what you're smokin.

06 Z06 is the best sports car out there, dollar for dollar. You simply can't get that kind of performance and reliability for that price anywhere else. Sure, it's not a Porsche or Ferrari, but it will run right with them for quite a bit less cheese. Finally the general does something right! And to whoever mentioned the Viper or Ford GT, the Viper don't want no part of the new Z06, and the GT is in a different price bracket.....
Im just about to buy a 2005 GTO...and I think it ranks up there a bit considering its $30k and it has a backseat.  And quite a big backseat compared to the mustang.

It has the 6L / LS2 Engine from the current corvette.  400hp and 400tq and 0-60mph in 4.8 sec with the automatic.

Not bad, huh?

...I am taking a big step by not getting another family sedan...but hey, at least my 11 and 7 year old sons can fit in the backseat for a few years.

Guilt, oy...I need something fun when I take the cage to work.  I think this car will be FUN!!  It doesnt look so great, but its all about the power.  I never had a car that had any decent power before.

Kind of like a busa in a cage.

smile.gif
GTO's are cool cars, I'd like to have one, but I don't consider them a pure sports car. They have good power, decent handling, they are a great value, and I'm sure they are a blast to drive, but they are in a whole different league than a Z06/911/F-430/Gallardo/Viper/Ford GT etc.
Not knocking your choice at all, but a Z06 would eat a GTO for lunch.

The 2006 Z06 RAN THE SECOND FASTEST LAPTIME EVER AROUND NURBURGRING earlier this year. Faster then the Enzo too. Second only to an Twin-Turbo'ed 'racing' Porsche. It was in Automobile mag or Motor Trend this summer. The car is a caged-marvel for sure.
If anyone has any doubts - dont. This Corvette is the #### and then some.

I don't know how many times I killed a z06 modded or not.  Just toying with them I don't even temp to race them anymore complete waste of gas
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131475422 -->

The 2006 Z06 RAN THE SECOND FASTEST LAPTIME EVER AROUND NURBURGRING earlier this year. Faster then the Enzo too. Second only to an Twin-Turbo'ed 'racing' Porsche. It was in Automobile mag or Motor Trend this summer. The car is a caged-marvel for sure.
You mean for a street car right?

Unreal, never thought I would see the Beloved Corvette so quick so fast......cool.
it should be that fast for that price
your not paying for the speed..

you can make a fast car simple enough.. it's making a car that is accelerates, handles, has amazing stability, and puts it all together that costs money.

for what it's capable of (do we need to rehash the 2nd fastest EVER time at the nurburing .. far and above cars that cost 3, 4, and even 10 times the cost).. it's the best value in the world.

The only car that has a faster time is a full out race prepped twin turbo porsche...

the vette did it in STOCK form and perfomance tires... listening to the CD player, with the AC on, planning his route on the navigational system and checkin' his do in the vanity mirror in the sunvisor.

... maybe you meant to say...

it should be most expensive if it's that fast.

zo6 of any year is just another used vette that draws too much attention to be able to kick your heels up like we can on our bikes. that's why my wife still has her oldy but goody.

45_0.jpg

The Corvette is AWESOME, no doubt. But considering I'm a few thousand miles from the nurnburing. I'm getting the Viper. All the mods available you could want, and it just plain looks better/turns more heads the the Vette. Not to mention, everytime I drive by walmart, I see 50 vette's there... so 'Ho Hum' compared. Even if it has the performance edge, the people who can afford them, can't drive them. You can find a used Viper for mid 30's with less than 10k miles. I'll take that deal all day long!

Please tell me you are kidding??

The Z06 is NO WHERE CLOSE to the second fastest around the Nurumburg (long course).... It's not even in the top 20. For a production car it may be but not cars EVER on the track, not even close.

But for the record, the fastest thing around the track is HAYABUSA POWERED!  
wink.gif
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131674007 -->

Maybe I'm missing something? I didn't see anything about the Nurumburg (long course) in the article?
rock.gif

The car is quick and def has the best bang for buck but it's still made Chevy cheap...
sad.gif

Back