1er BB & B Rendez-vous (1st Buckeye Busa & B-King Rendez-vous)

I'm getting ready to head out now. Wardie I got your number in my cell. See you guys soon.

At everyones request here is a quick ride report. Everyone made it to Marietta without major problems. Minor problems consisted of one lost rider and one bald rear tire. Both have been resolved. Pictures will follow I am sure but my camera was dead.

Excellent ride, terrific riding buddies and expert ride leadership from Glazweigan (Dave). Good to put a face to Caperle, Acehole, Hillbilly and Glazweigan. Learned three things about riding with Glazweigan... 1) My gas mileage went to hell pretty quickly 2) my tires went to hell pretty quickly (I now need a new set) and 3) Dave goes like a bat out of hell pretty quickly... Ha, ha I couldn't of asked for a better ride and man those Margaretta's at the Mexican Restaurant were great!!!

Thanks Casperle, Hillbilly, Acehole and Glazweigan for a great weekend. Wardie

PS I'll send the pics to Galzweigan and he can put them up.

Yes it was an excellent ride but as for Dave being fast I have no idea. He was always ahead and out of sight. Glad to see that you made it home in one piece. Did you make it before the rain started?

Attachments

• Sistersville Ferry.wmv
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Wow What a weekend I ll never forget. Thank you Dave for a awesome ride. If you do it again next year Ill be there. Tires are evil and they should be punished. Thank you Larry for meeting me and helping me load and unload and rooming with me spliting the cost was nice. Thank you Ace for riding to the Honda shop with me for the tire it was a nice cruise along the river. Thank you Hillbilly for the directions and sending me to the Honda shop.Thank you to Hometown Honda for waiting for me after closing time and saving my weekend. Some top notch people working there to help out a fellow biker Derek Maynard the service manager.And Id also like to thank the academy and my producer lol.:beerchug:

Got home about 2:00pm. It was sunny with nary a cloud in sight. So, by leaving early and eliminating some roads, we beat the rain.....by plenty it seems. We didn't get any rain(near Akron) till about 6:30pm and then it was only very light.

Took a couple hours nap. Got up; inspected the bike(didn't seem to use a drop of oil :thumbsup:, but will need new shoes very soon) and cleaned the accumulation of debris(i.e.-bugs).

I thought the ride went very well, especially for a first time event, with only about a weeks notice, and keeping in mind that most of us hadn't ridden together previously. We were fortunate to have great weather and some outrageously good roads. Exagerations by wardie and hillbilly aside, I was most pleased by the fact that everyone seemed to ride within their capabilities and kept good spacing. This really contributes to making a good group ride without any incidents.....which is what we had!

Thanks - acehole(have you left the hotel yet? :laugh:), casperle(are you home yet?), hillbilly & wardie. Let's do this again next year!

Pics to follow.

Hillbilly thanks for the great recommendation on the restaurant and your bike looks like new. Buell ped mods are cool and I'm definitely thinking about them for LD riding. Wardie :)

Well Gentleman, we had an awesome ride that was well planned out (how many peeps can say their Busa rode a Ferry?) and executed flawlessly. well except when i got lost. Though i knew where i was! :laugh: Thanks to all for back tracking and giving me a call to see where i was. That's brotherhood.:thumbsup:
I did finally get up and out of the hotel. Ride home was uneventful and I did run into rain the last 50 miles of so.
Dave, you sure know how to get the most out of that BKing! Hillbilly, you sure know how to pick a restraunt. CasperLe, that is one fine bike and it was my pleasure to ride with you. Wardie...you're a hoot my friend, even if you can't decide between Frozen or on the rocks! margaritas are good either way i think we decided.:laugh:
Looking forward to the 2nd Annual Buckeye Busa & B-King Rendez-vous, but this time i am coming a day early so i can keep up!

Acehole it's all good my brother! Have a great time at the BASH. Send pics! Wardie

Well, it's official. Everyone has arrived home safely, without incident or performance award! That's a good standard set, and one we hope to duplicate next year.

Big "ups" to Casperle and Acehole for traveling such a long way just to get to a first time, unknown event. Big "ups" as well to Hillbilly for the excellent restaurant recommendation and to Wardie for his assistance unloading and loading Casperle's bike from his truck.

We had other instances of "brotherhood", such as when Acehole volunteered to follow Casperle to Hometown Honda to get a new tire installed. Hometown Honda really stepped up, as well. By staying late to install Casperle's new tire, they enabled his weekend to continue, uninterrupted. I'm going to get hold of their phone number and give them a call to let them know how much we appreciate their efforts.

Although only 5 bikes were there, each bike was unique, with several personal modifications(except for my B-King which is only about 6 weeks old). I think we all agreed, however, that Acehole has taken his bike to a whole other level. He has spent many hours, and I'm sure many dollars, creating one of the nicest Busa's I've seen. If any of you get the chance to check it out, I'm sure you'd agree. Nice job, Acehole!

Thanks, again, to each and everyone of you for making the 1st Buckeye Busa & B-King Rendez-vous a memorable experience.

Here we are at Kiedaisch Point Park - from left to right: Acehole, Casperle, Hillbilly & Wardie.

DSCF0125.jpg

A pic of us waiting for the Sistersville ferry, the ferry approaching and our bikes all loaded up for the trip back to Ohio. Btw, that's Acehole's gorgeous red Busa in front, although the pic doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

Just awesome pics Galzweigan. I am hoping to get mine developed onto a CD and email them to you. How about the ferry? Busa's and a ferry there's a story line. Wardie

Nice pics Galzweigan. I got the busa all debugged and clean back on the stand and battery tender. I might get to West Virginia again this weekend if the weather is good my cousin would like to do a overnighter after this Ive rediscovered riding and am ready to go again. Those roads Galzweigan I didnt know Ohio had that many roads of that caliber I was impressed to say the least. Weekends like that are why I work hard, that is living. God Bless America and you guys to.:beerchug:

Casperle that Ohlins top mount dampner is sweet just like the rest of your bike. White is cool...Wardie

This is Wardie, Casperle and our bikes in front of a real, honest to goodness General Store that looks like it was built in the last century.........the 19th century!

Tucked in among the rural, sparsely populated hills of SE Ohio, it is the only store of any kind in the area and really does serve the needs of nearby locals for food staples, basic household supplies, hardware items and such.

This was our last stop together before we split up to finish our ride home.

DSCF0142.jpg

Back