$11,000.00 a year for insurance (Jaw drop)

Im New here as well....but holy crap!!! 11k? Im 25, had quite a few tickets and a DUI when i was younger, and im only puttin out $148 a year full coverage. Progressive. 11k is rediculous.
pillepalle.gif

I pay $450/yr for full coverage on my busa.

My C50 would have cost me 1100/yr (first bike) for full coverage, but I said F-that and got just liability for $105/yr.
lurk.gif

yeah, for new comers to USAA or if you havent had a motorcycle insured with USAA you won't get the deals unless you insure a LOT of crap with them. They simply moved away from insuring high liability items (bikes, boats, rv's, etc) to help save the members on operating costs. Rates seem to be weird, not the same ever really and who knows how they really figure them out.

Mine is about 396/yr with the busa, full coverage, 250 deductable, 500k liability and medical. I'm 34, clean record and the bike is listed as recreational use.

If you are military, maybe check to see if its cheaper to license/insure your bike in your home state/base state/friend's house?

State Farm wins

$850.00 (ish) for full coverage. 100/300/300

Gecko wanted $1400.00 a year and the rest were just being stupid.

State Farm just asked how many CC and the make. (Didn't ask for Model)

i had dairyland quote me at $16,048... that was the highest i got, went with state farm also... 105 per month

coverage with usaa is the same price for the 08 busa and the 04 bandit. duh! plus I get a nice rebate yearly. averages around $150.

A I said on the other Insurance post, Please post amounts of coverage and deductible when quoting prices.. Costs are useless without it.

Also post MSF Classes etc,etc..

As for Using State Farm, we here in Florida should not patronize a company that will bail out on Homeowners insurance in the middle of Hurricane season, but still want to sell Car insurance, etc..

We have to take a stand against these company's that want to pick and choose their offerings. They take your money for 20 years, we have a few bad years and they want out.. It is not fair practice. They should not be allowed to sell any products if they wont sell Homeowners also.

Sorry for the off topic rant.. ;)
Tell me about it .... My FL home owner insurance is 5100.00 a year and before the storms it was 500 ...FL sucks !!!!!!

A I said on the other Insurance post, Please post amounts of coverage and deductible when quoting prices.. Costs are useless without it.

Also post MSF Classes etc,etc..

As for Using State Farm, we here in Florida should not patronize a company that will bail out on Homeowners insurance in the middle of Hurricane season, but still want to sell Car insurance, etc..

We have to take a stand against these company's that want to pick and choose their offerings. They take your money for 20 years, we have a few bad years and they want out.. It is not fair practice. They should not be allowed to sell any products if they wont sell Homeowners also.

Sorry for the off topic rant.. ;)
Tell me about it .... My FL home owner insurance is 5100.00 a year and before the storms it was 500 ...FL sucks !!!!!!
I live in NE Fl and after Katrina I am paying $250.00 to $300.00 more. I have to pay for Katrina?? WTF!!! A hurricane hasn't hit my area since 1969(ish). (I know it is nothing close to what you pay but it does suck and is some major BS if you ask me)

State Farm here in Philly for me; about $45/month. Stinks that they aren't doing what they should for the people in Florida.

Don't we have any insurance agents or brokers on the .Org who could hook him up with an agent in his area?

I believe something is wrong, I have USAA Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000 Property Damage 50,000, 0 deductible and the busa is only 270/six months.  But I have my house and 2 cars with them as well. They have been great and that price was with one accident that was my fault.
I'll bet you that 100,000/300,000 bodily injury  does not include YOUR body if it get injured.
Maybe you already know, but most people dont.

Just signed on w/ state farm.. I was paying 650 a month for my 04LE through Geico before it got stolen.... W/ the 02 i'm only payin 62 a month w/ a 250 dedec. on comp/collision.. World's cheaper than anything else.>>!!! Call state farm.. The .org gave me the idea..
smile.gif

Im New here as well....but holy crap!!! 11k?  Im 25, had quite a few tickets and a DUI when i was younger, and im only puttin out $148 a year full coverage. Progressive. 11k is rediculous.
pillepalle.gif
How in the world do you get quoted 148/year by Progressive for full coverage with your record and age, and me (at 35 and a flawless record) get quoted 850/year for full coverage by Progressive?
banghead.gif

11K aaahhhhhhhh ! Man I have 3 vehicles( Full coverage on 2) and a house and 50x56 garage ,for 1K every 6 months And I still B*tch.. When I'm told , I have to have,or I must pay to have something , That makes it a Tax. 30 years of car insurance , and never had a claim , you'd think they'd give a year free for good measure.

Im New here as well....but holy crap!!! 11k?  Im 25, had quite a few tickets and a DUI when i was younger, and im only puttin out $148 a year full coverage. Progressive. 11k is rediculous.
pillepalle.gif
How in the world do you get quoted 148/year by Progressive for full coverage with your record and age, and me (at 35 and a flawless record) get quoted 850/year for full coverage by Progressive?
banghead.gif
dont feel bad Im 51 clean record, no wrecks and high credit score They want 2200 per year full coverage.

Back