$11,000.00 a year for insurance (Jaw drop)

Safari

Registered
I'm new here so hi.

I did a search here for Insurance and will look over the topics. I'm really close to getting a 2008 Busa. Today I called USAA for insurance and they told me they use Progressive but USAA acts as the agent. I said fine and I went through the short interview.

I'm 35 M with a Safe Driver stamp on my FL license (No tickets etc...)I have had my Motorcycle endorsement since 1992 (ish) I have a pretty good credit score 700 ish

These suckers want $11,000 a year. I understand a bike is dangerous and expensive but I didn't know I needed to be a Millionaire to afford one.

I'll have to look around but damn! Any tips when buying INS?

Well I'm going to go find the MOD part of this forum now"¦

BTW I have owned a Honda Nighthawk 250CC (starter bike) and first vehicle. My next bike was a Honda CBR 600 1996 (ish)

Welcome to the Org. Like you said, 'look around'...that would be my tip.  Did you asked them why is it so high compared to your other bikes i.e., cbr???

You sure that was not 1100.00? Try State Farm brother, you will find it much better. Where are you located? How much is the insurance on your current bike? BTW, welcome to the oRg!
beerchug.gif

Yup samething happened to me with USAA , and I was quoted at 10,700 for my 07.... I shop around and I got my house, cars and bike with GEICO now.... USAA was quite the experience... If it wasn't for State Farm charging me more for my Cobra it would had been feasible...

Sounds a lot like my marriage............ the ring was cheap, the countless hours of nagging is what cost in the long run.....

State farm here I think I pay 135 a year full coverage..

State Farm.. comperable age, and license status, $500/year full coverage for 05 busa.. State farm FTW
beerchug.gif

good luck

Safari; are you sure you didn,t put in one to many zero,s I mean DAMM definatly ck state farm I have a 08 Harley Ultra Classic and the Busa $1188.00 a year for both bikes full coverage Iam in TN that may make some differance and I,m a little older 53 and I have all my stuff with state farm bikes,cars,truck,house, and have had statefarm for 25 years witch I,m sure makes it a little cheaper than somebody with just a bike but still for 11 grand I would keep liability and insure myself for rest. in any case ck around those people are on crack
wtf.gif

Yeah the chick on the phone even laughed. I even commented, "that's so crazy you are even laughing". She laughed again and we hung up.

That's good about State Farm. I am getting a Rottwieller in a few months and State Farm is the best for Home Owners INS that I have found. Might check on my car and get a multi discount. I figured that was crazy but I thought I would throw it out there. Thanks guys.

EDITED: OH, I don't have a bike right now. This will be my first bike in 10 or 11 years

$360/yr Nationwide...you dont need full coverage,if someone hits you replacing the bike will be the least of your worries and you can recoup it from the pending lawsuit and if you dump her I personally wouldnt turn that in,your just asking to get dropped and as for it getting stolen...good luck because if its not locked in my garage my 6'3" 290lb bad attitude haveing ass will be on it
smile.gif

A I said on the other Insurance post, Please post amounts of coverage and deductible when quoting prices.. Costs are useless without it.

Also post MSF Classes etc,etc..

As for Using State Farm, we here in Florida should not patronize a company that will bail out on Homeowners insurance in the middle of Hurricane season, but still want to sell Car insurance, etc..

We have to take a stand against these company's that want to pick and choose their offerings. They take your money for 20 years, we have a few bad years and they want out.. It is not fair practice. They should not be allowed to sell any products if they wont sell Homeowners also.

Sorry for the off topic rant.. ;)

I have my bikes with usaa including the busa and it is no where near that quote. are your other bikes covered by them. If so they will grandfather you in. we traded the better halfs bike this year also. when she called about coverage they tried to transfer her to the other company. when she informed them that we already had three bikes under them everything was butter. nothing but good things to say about them.

Just checked with wifie, $380 a year for full coverage for the busa. that is in Ga. if it makes any difference.

I love USAA, do all my banking and insurance through them.  My busa costs just over $900 a year w/ $100 deductible and the best coverage possible...something went wrong with your quote.  USAA stopped doing motorcycle insurance awhile back and basically contracts it out now with new policies, luckily I have had a motorcycle on my policy since 01.

Back