$11,000.00 a year for insurance (Jaw drop)

I believe something is wrong, I have USAA Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000 Property Damage 50,000, 0 deductible and the busa is only 270/six months. But I have my house and 2 cars with them as well. They have been great and that price was with one accident that was my fault.

Farm Bureau. $200/month to fully insure the Camaro, the GMC 3500, the Busa and the '07 Gixxer 1000 and the house. Surprisingly, the premium for the Gixxer is slightly higher than the Busa. Go figure.

--Wag--

I had a couple of quotes in the $10k/y range when I got my '06LE. Needless to say, they didn't get my business.

State Farm insures both my bikes. Breaks out to about $140/mo total.

Good damn luck!

I have my bikes with usaa including the busa and it is no where near that quote. are your other bikes covered by them. If so they will grandfather you in. we traded the better halfs bike this year also. when she called about coverage they tried to transfer her to the other company. when she informed them that we already had three bikes under them everything was butter. nothing but good things to say about them.
Same thing happened to me today with USAA when I called. They transfered me to the new Progressive section and they quoted me $3,500 for 6-months full coverage. I said wait I had it before and they grandfathered me with my old policy. Ended up being $208 for 6-months full coverage on the '08 and I'm only 27-years old.
thumb_up.gif

ummm... yeah somethin is fugged up... actually USAA doesnt do motorcycle insurance anymore unless you were grandfathered in from a while back. I've got all my trucks with them, the bike and had the house, now renters insurance. I pay somehting silly like 1200/yr for an 03 avalanche, 03 suburban, 02 hayabusa and the renters policy... full coverage
beerchug.gif

I would call state farm or ask USAA to cover your bike or you are going to take all your stuff elsewhere and see if that works. Good luck either way
thumb_up.gif

There is a huge range of quotes here!!! I have Progressive with liability and comprehensive only for about 250/year. Full coverage was going to be about 850/year. I'm 35, good driving record. I have State Farm for my car and house, but when I first got a motorcycle several years ago, they were way too high. Should I call them back about the Busa? Some of you are quoting State Farm in the 200's for full coverage.

I guess I should ask what coverage you guys get? I called Gecko not to be confussed with Geico ( ;-) ) and they wanted $1,400 a year no medical.

Wow, there must be a lot of military on here....USAA. Not just anyone can get that bank. They tried to charge me up also. So I called state Farm. I Pay $42.00 a month. Full coverage, $250.00 deductible. Good Luck

PS, I will be in Fayetteville in March. Fort Bragg to be exact

I'm new here so hi.

I did a search here for Insurance and will look over the topics. I'm really close to getting a 2008 Busa. Today I called USAA for insurance and they told me they use Progressive but USAA acts as the agent. I said fine and I went through the short interview.

I'm 35 M with a Safe Driver stamp on my FL license (No tickets etc...)I have had my Motorcycle endorsement since 1992 (ish) I have a pretty good credit score 700 ish

These suckers want $11,000 a year. I understand a bike is dangerous and expensive but I didn't know I needed to be a Millionaire to afford one.

I'll have to look around but damn! Any tips when buying INS?

Well I'm going to go find the MOD part of this forum now"¦

BTW I have owned a Honda Nighthawk 250CC (starter bike) and first vehicle. My next bike was a Honda CBR 600 1996 (ish)
eek2.gif
They told me the samething! They are nuts!! statefarm or geico. I am paying 1000 a year with geico BIG difference.

guns.gif
progressive

ooo and welcome to the boards!
newbie.gif

I'm guessing these qutoes are not for an 08 busa?

What is your guys liability and all? I must be getting something you guys are not.

I just called Nationwide and they wanted $8,000

Uhhh....errr....ummmm....11,000
rock.gif
....hmmmmmm....I'd go directly to Progressive.com, run through the online interview, age, record, yada, yada, yada.......and get "full coverage" for $677 / year, for a 42 year old, no accidents, even without my MSF discount.......... a-boot $56 / month...... If mine were to go bye-bye.....I'd get a brand new 05' RED and BLACK
super.gif
for nothing........

Thought I was going to say 08'.....didn't-cha
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??? Hmmm wonder if I could get Rev to paint me an 08' in 05' colors
rock.gif
?....now THAT would be DA' SHID !!!!
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

I have State Farm on my 04 and pay only 480 a year for full coverage with 100/300/300 coverage and a 1000 dollar deductible.  When I asked about an 08 they said the rate would be the same.  I did have to switch my vehicle to them (they wouldn't insure a bike alone) and also my home owners.  I would call them first.

Welcome by the way
beerchug.gif

State Farm here as well with 100/300/300 coverage and a $500 deductible for $187 a year per Busa (I have 2 plus lots of other toys insured under State Farm).  And they told me I'm the higher risk between my husband and I.  35 years old, no tickets for 15 years and I'm the higher risk (?).  I don't get that, but Progressive was $864 a year for same coverage for my 06LE. Oh and yes, I did complete the MSF beginners course.

I will be working on becoming an instructor for it this year, maybe that will help my insurance as well.

Good grief! You guys are pissin me off. . . 150-350/year for full coverage on 05-06 bikes! I hate y'all. I'm payin out 1440/year. Oh, and I have state farm, just like y'all. Stupid speeding tickets. . . Although, the woman did tell me that it didn't matter if I put it in my name or my dad's, it would still be the same amount. I'm almost 21, only have 1 ticket on my lisence right now, but have had several in the past.

Back