Insurance Problem.

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 13 2007,20:39) State Farm in Texas will cost you around $1200 a year for comp/coll and liability.
+1

That's exactly what I pay w/ $100 deduct

Texas seems to be double the rate of Northern states
Must be the size of the balls?
race.gif

I HATE ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- I'm married,
- 2 speeding tickets,(both under 5 miles over)

- no accidents

- credit not good(not bad, just don't have any)

- I'm 33,

and I pay Dairy Land........

$489.00..........down (first month)
$195.00..........for the next 11 months

And that is nothing, I mean NOTHING even close to what Progressive wanted !!!!

dude then you are not ready to buy the bike if you are willing to pay insurance that cost as much as the bike you are insane and you are getting rapped with no KY. if you mess a bike up that bad to have to take it in then it should be done and you are going to lose anyway cause they arent going to give you crap. you may buy it for 10 but it is only worth 5 ahaha

This is an interesting topic, considering I just got my first sports bike  
race.gif
 (07 Busa) last week.  I've been riding cruisers for 30+ years  
super.gif
.  Have been with Progressive for 6 or 7 years now without one single claim  
smile.gif
.  On my Zuki M109 I am paying $221 a year, and that includes $100k/300k/50k liability/property damage, AND $1000 deductible on comp/coll.  When I contacted them to add the Busa, they wanted $1787 a year  
SHOCKED.gif
and told me that included my multiple bike discount.  I almost hit the floor.  I asked them how much it would be to get just same limits of liability/property damage and that was $81 per year - so I asked them, "you mean you're telling me that you want $1700 for just comp/coll on this bike", and there answer was yes  
pissed.gif
.  I even pointed out that I had been with them for years and never had a claim.  They really didn't care - man did I feel like I was getting  
redcomprs2.gif
.  I asked why so much, and whether true or not, was told that because 8 out 10 claims on sports bikes are for coll/comp.  I elected to not take coll/comp and to self insure.  Might end up being a stupid decision, but I just could not come to grips in giving them that kind of money!  So, I'm really interested in some of the rates you folks are quoting in this thread, but please elaborate what coverages you're getting - that would be a big help to compare apples to apples.

Thanks for the tip, Investor!

My insurance quote for an '07 Busa from Progressive online was over $350/month.
SHOCKED.gif
I just read your post, and dropped Collision, and Comprehensive coverage, and the quote dropped to $75 a month!

I know that's probably high to all of you folks, but I was paying over $120 a month for full coverage on my '06 Fat Boy - With a speeding ticket on my record, and being 25 - with under a year of riding experience... they sock it to me.
pissed.gif

(Investor @ Jul. 15 2007,13:22) This is an interesting topic, considering I just got my first sports bike  
race.gif
 (07 Busa) last week.  I've been riding cruisers for 30+ years  
super.gif
.  Have been with Progressive for 6 or 7 years now without one single claim  
smile.gif
.  On my Zuki M109 I am paying $221 a year, and that includes $100k/300k/50k liability/property damage, AND $1000 deductible on comp/coll.  When I contacted them to add the Busa, they wanted $1787 a year  
SHOCKED.gif
and told me that included my multiple bike discount.  I almost hit the floor.  I asked them how much it would be to get just same limits of liability/property damage and that was $81 per year - so I asked them, "you mean you're telling me that you want $1700 for just comp/coll on this bike", and there answer was yes  
pissed.gif
.  I even pointed out that I had been with them for years and never had a claim.  They really didn't care - man did I feel like I was getting  
redcomprs2.gif
.  I asked why so much, and whether true or not, was told that because 8 out 10 claims on sports bikes are for coll/comp.  I elected to not take coll/comp and to self insure.  Might end up being a stupid decision, but I just could not come to grips in giving them that kind of money!  So, I'm really interested in some of the rates you folks are quoting in this thread, but please elaborate what coverages you're getting - that would be a big help to compare apples to apples.
State Farm

300K/300K/300K liability.

Matching 300K uninsured AND underinsured. The underinsured portion really makes a jump in the rate but there are too many pathetic losers out there with state minimum coverage. Oddly the uninsured portion only adds a couple of dollars to the policy.

$1000 deductible.

I pay $300 a year. Actually $280 this year because I got a $21 dividends check from State Farm. I can also ride year round.

STATE FARM BRO!!!!!!  

im 23 yrs old and i only pay $67 a month for full coverage with 100k/300k/100k with $1000 deductible on my busa.  the only thing u need to remember is that with state farm u must insure your vehicle in order to get a policy for your bike.  i pay a total of $167/month for my car and my bike but i can promise you that u will save some good money going with state farm!!!!
beerchug.gif

(OZZY @ Jul. 15 2007,17:50) STATE FARM BRO!!!!!!

im 23 yrs old and i only pay $67 a month for full coverage with 100k/300k/100k with $1000 deductible on my busa. the only thing u need to remember is that with state farm u must insure your vehicle in order to get a policy for your bike. i pay a total of $167/month for my car and my bike but i can promise you that u will save some good money going with state farm!!!!
beerchug.gif
See, that's where they went wrong. I did an online quote with State Farm yesterday, just to see what they do for Auto Insurance; they wanted $150 more a month, than what I pay to Progressive, and that was only for two of my three vehicles. I'll have to call and talk to an agent, to get a real answer, but it wasn't looking good online.
poke.gif

i have geico but i only have liability...pay 250 a year...now i want to get full coverage so im with you i see someone paying 300 a year for state farm full coverage...thats what i need..i dont have any tickets either so i want something that will cover me incase bike is stolen...just everything is so expensive..now my bike stays garage kept and is always in site of me but it doesnt take but 30 seconds to jack a bike...

STATE FARM $500 year FULL coverage- Very good coverage upgraded throughout!

Geico wanted $2950 for MUCH LESS coverage.

STATE FARM

YOU MUST CONSIDER EVERYONES CONDITIONS:
*If you live in a small town and your home is off a dirt road. $20 per month.

*If you live in the city and it's high crime, traffic etc. $200+ per month.

Price then fits in between due to what you want as far as coverage, deductible, credit, insurance company. The first two asterisk will be a insurance starting point.

For me, $69 per month, $830 per year. State Farm in the Surburbs of Detroit, MI

Back