Insurance for Busa

Talked to my insurance agent today about getting insurance in Quebec for a Busa. $1,600. + admin ($10) + taxes 15%. I am 51 years old, ridden since 1969, never made a claim! Ouch. To insure a zz-r1200 the cost is $500. as the Busa is a "supersport" and the zz-r1200 is a standard. Are there any riders from Quebec on this group? Any ideas? The insurance rates put the Busa beyond my budget.
cussing.gif
when i was in Montreal in 2001 i was paying 850/yr full coverage with primmum, i was 28 y.o.

usaa is da #### 44 buks a month for full coverage im 26 single and got more tickets than i can count progressive quoted me at 390 a month funk dat
mad.gif
Progressive Quoted me 5K and 3.8K a year, YUP 2 different agents Hmmmm... (Independant agents) So how do I get a hold of USAA
rock.gif
Need better than this crap.

I had Farmer's Insurance for 13 years.  House, Suburban, Blazer, 2002 Katana, got a 2001 Busa, quoted me $150 a month.  Went to State Farm, $44 a month full coverage! 34 years old, no tickets.

<!--EDIT|graffyracing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102583941 -->

no one has mentioned the insurance discounts that i hear about from getting the MSF certification / safey class.
i heard that insurance companies sometimes offer 10% discounts if you can prove you took the MSF classes. i asked my instructor if the class i was taking was approved for that and he said yes. he was the chief motorcycle instructor for the state police - he is a cop.

Hey busatourer, check out http://www.primmum.com , they were the cheapest I was able to find by far. I'm 33 and have all the bells and whistles for about $630/year.

Also out of curiosity why do you want to insure your bike for Quebec ? Your location shows you in Ontario ?
rock.gif

I just got insurance through nationwide last week for my 05 busa, full coverage, I am 31 married and it cost me 44.26 a month.

Back