Insurance Problem.

SLO97SS

Registered
I am looking into getting a Hayabusa but Insurance is going to be my only problem. I can't see spending $9000 a year on a bike that cost $11,000. Where do you guys have your bike insurance through and how much are you paying... Also I'm 26 year old Male in Texas with no tickets and no wrecks on my driving record...

Many members (including myself) use State Farm. Terrific rates. I pay around $350 /year with full (and good) coverage. Much depends upon your driving record, credit history, and location.

Good luck.

thats outrageous man. pm me and ill send you my agents #. i dont know if they handle texas. i pay under $500 full coverage/year. your other alternative is but i wouldnt recommend it is using the suzuki card. anything under 10grand and you dont need full coverage

i have foremost and was paying $200 a year and i am 20 but now i pay $300 a year cause i got a $300
guns.gif
speeding ticket

You guys are getting away with murder.

I pay $97 a month for full coverage with a $250 deductable.

Dallas, TX - divorced - male - 29 - State Farm.

Progressive wanted 2k + and Geiko was pushing 3. The reality is that they don't want to cover them. Of course that might have something to do with the fact that the Dallas Riders are here and are apparently a bunch of furacking morons. The other day apparently a pack of 60 bikes blocked the tollway. There was a runoff by a car that flipped one guy into the guardrail, and there was shooting.

It's no wonder the straight laced cagers fear us.

finance less than $10k and you only need liability, i pay $80 a year thru Geico. Would be about $300 a month for full coverage but i don't need it.

Yeah, but I am not going to spend 10k on anything and not have the insurance to cover it. Sorry, I have seen too many situations where the driver's fault was taken far too liberally, and I don't want the situation to arise where someone won't pay for my bike.

As you can see there are many options. You should be able to find suitable insurance. Keepp on looking. Also watch what is term for a year. many individuals are doing season and then garage insurnace. However not good if you can travel durning the year.

Check out Foremost, they are owned by Farmers. I had insurance with them for three years now. It started out @ $1100.00, but has dropped each year. The premium is sitting on my desk right now due at the end of the month its $853.00/year. thats full coverage, with a $1000.00 deductible.
Remember its a state by state thing, if anyone can get insurance (In Texas) as good as this at this price let me know, I am not married to Foremost.

rider ins. im 28 1900 for full for me or 175 liability in Nj the rip off state!!! Clean record with cdl. cant win here. lol

State Farm categorizes the Busa as a Sport Tourer....
$500/yr, 55 yrs old, Nebraska

Sentry Insurance out of Wisconsin A.K.A. (Dairyland) $649.00 a year
with $500.00 deductible this is full coverage........

State Farm in Texas will cost you around $1200 a year for comp/coll and liability.

Man I can't belive what some of you pay for insurance I pay $320 a year and I thinks that is to much.

Mine just lowered to $75 a month ($900 year) w/ 250/500 ded. on Coll/ Comp and liabilty.

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 13 2007,20:39) State Farm in Texas will cost you around $1200 a year for comp/coll and liability.
+1

That's exactly what I pay w/ $100 deduct

Texas seems to be double the rate of Northern states
Must be the size of the balls?
race.gif

Back