Insurance for Busa

Busatourer

Registered
Talked to my insurance agent today about getting insurance in Quebec for a Busa. $1,600. + admin ($10) + taxes 15%. I am 51 years old, ridden since 1969, never made a claim! Ouch. To insure a zz-r1200 the cost is $500. as the Busa is a "supersport" and the zz-r1200 is a standard. Are there any riders from Quebec on this group? Any ideas? The insurance rates put the Busa beyond my budget.
cussing.gif

I always thought that the GSXRs were Supersport class and the Busa falls into sportbike class. Anyway if State Farm is in Canada give them a call. I pay $450 a year full coverage and I'm 34.

there are some Canadian riders here sure they will chime in shortly ... wish I could help ya but I have USAA and havent shopped many other places. Good luck in your search though
cool.gif

Yeah if you have a State Farm in Canada give them a call they are CHEAP. They usually insure bikes for about 1/4 of what ever one else wants.
smile.gif

i use progressive $277 a year liability only (just enough to show the cops when they catch me...lol)

oh yea i forgot im only 24 years old no accidents (in the last 3 years) and 2 speeding tickets....oops my bad!!!

dam officer im ashamed of you i know you were speeding if you caught up with me!!! i mean really double standard if you ask me its ok for the cops to speed to catch up with you meaning they are going faster then you and you are the one that gets the ticket what kinda sh*t is that!!!!
mad.gif

I think USAA Classified it as a "sport tour" bike, cost me about 85 bucks a month. Other then USAA check into State Farm Ins Company.

I think USAA Classified it as a "sport tour" bike, cost me about 85 bucks a month. Other then USAA check into State Farm Ins Company.
I have usaa as well. I pay about $120 a month for full coverage on an 04 busa and 04 ford f-150 supercrew fully loaded. bike is about 45 a month for me. Im 29 married been riding since i had a licence

Thanks for the advice, will check up on these suggestions, later today.

Oh yah, I forgot to mention, no tickets, fines or infractions for decades!

As like everyone else. State farm is the place to go I spend 264 a year for full coverage on the busa and im 29 no tickets no claims.

Dont forget its cheaper if you bundle all your vehicles with state farm.

<!--EDIT|ridercoach
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101302872 -->

$101/year Progressive.

Went down again this year, fourth year in a row with them.

usaa is da poop 44 buks a month for full coverage im 26 single and got more tickets than i can count progressive quoted me at 390 a month funk dat
mad.gif

In Sweden we have 2 kinds of insurenc.
1. Full insurens: If you drop your bike when it´s parkt, the insurens company will fix the bike.

2. Half insurens: they will not pay in this case. But if you are in a accident, they will pay, only if you have drive korrektly.

I have the half insurens.....and pay for a half year 870 $.

If you have tickets Progressive is the best way to go

If you don't have tickets/claims and aren't in the military, State Farm is the way to go

If you are in the military USAA is the way to go.

This subject is a dead horse that has not only been beaten, it's been in the glue factory for a while too.

What's a TRE while we are at it?

j/k, all in good fun.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Phatjoe, how did you get $44.00 a month with USAA? I'm 36, married, two kids, homeowners and both cars and USAA is $88.00 a month for me and my soon to be Busa.

Phatjoe, how did you get $44.00 a month with USAA? I'm 36, married, two kids, homeowners and both cars and USAA is $88.00 a month for me and my soon to be Busa.
im not to sure about where your located at but i live in butt f@#k georgia kinda like the movie Deliverance and she is kept in a garage so i guess i lucked out if i was lets say 30 miles south in jacksonville i'd be singing a different tune plus thats only the bike not my car so your gettin a bomb deal

Back