10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Been working on my work plan for the build. Man this looks like a lot of work, may have to burn some vacation days. Comments welcome.

10 Year Freshen Up - Work Plan:
  1. Painting Swingarm:
    1. Remove swingarm and rear foot peg arms. Remove bearings.
    2. Sand scratches in swingarm. Take swingarm and foot pegs to powder coater for blasting and refinishing.
    3. Clean chain thoroughly. (chain and sprocket is only a year old with low mileage, going to keep it)
    4. Install new bearings I refinished swingarm. Reinstall swingarm.
  2. Wheels:
    1. Get all the parts installed on the rims, sprocket, rotors.
    2. Get tire mounted on the rims and balanced. Going Q3’s again.
  3. Front Brakes:
    1. Change the connectors for the brake light to the MC. Also adjust length of line and add the new connector to the bike brake light line.
    2. Install the MC on the handle bars. Test fit reservoir line and caliper lines. Check clearance to fairing.
    3. Remove front fender, tail cowl, chin panel and side panels (old ones). Tape radiator expansion tank with duct tape. I will be testing bike with no fairings.
    4. Install calipers on forks, attach lines.
    5. Install front wheel/rotor assembly. Check caliper fit/clearance and then torque everything up.
    6. Fill MC reservoir then bleed front calipers. Bleed MC. Strap lever to bars for 2-3 hours.
    7. Check for spilled brake fluid on bike and floor. Clean off all fluid drops.
  4. Steering Damper:
    1. Install Ohlins steering damper after removing the stock one.
  5. Foot Pegs:
    1. Remove front sprocket cover and clean. Replace when done.
    2. Install rearsets. Switch shifter to GP-shift.
  6. Amplink
    1. Develop wiring diagram
    2. Remove existing fuse block from hump.
    3. Cut Amplink wires to length and add connectors.
    4. Measure wires and make wiring harness.
    5. Install wiring harness and attach Amplink module in trunk.
    6. Load app on cell phone and establish link to Amplink.
    7. Program circuits and test.
  7. Quick Shifter:
    1. Remove tank and air box.
    2. Attach QS module in trunk with hook & loops fasteners provided with QS. Run injector cut wires to front/top of engine bay and connect. Connect other wires for QS (ground, power, etc.)
    3. Run trip wire down to shifter and put strain gauge on shift linkage.
    4. Power up QS and link to cell phone and run setup.
  8. First Phase Road Testing: Brakes
    1. Check brake lights.
    2. Bed pads & rotors.
    3. Test brakes at low speed. Stop bike and visually inspect brake systems, check all connections.
    4. Test brakes at higher speeds. Cycle modes on MC to confirm operation.
    5. Reinspect all connections.
  9. Second Phase Road Testing – Quick Shifter:
    1. Get bike up to speed several times shifting with clutch.
    2. Try QS on 2-4 gears. Do not exceed 60 mph without fairings installed.
    3. Visual inspection of bike.
    4. Try QS in all 6 gears not exceeding 60 mph.
    5. QS must be working perfectly prior to moving on. If not, remove the QS system or trouble shoot it and delay project.
  10. Detail Bike (without fairings):
    1. Clean with soap/water and degreasers where needed.
    2. Remove R77 can and apply sealer on CF cover.
    3. Ceramic coat mid-pipe black (currently tarnished chrome).
  11. Fairings:
    1. Install CF front fender
    2. Install heat shielding in fairings
    3. Remove lights to be reused and install in new fairings.
    4. Install new led lights in fairings
    5. Add fuel pump and drain hoses to fuel tank.
    6. Install CF dash panels and attach long, CF inner fairings to outer fairings.
    7. Install fairings
    8. Clean with soft rag, no polish for a couple months.
What sealer do you use on the CF Willie? Looks like a great plan I can’t wait to start seeing more and more :thumbsup:

Man I'm going to need an addiction assistance program when this is over! Here is todays toy! This was long over due but the stock on was acceptable for so long. Was concerned with the new quickness I might need a good damper to get the ride I'm looking for.

Man I'm going to need an addiction assistance program when this is over! Here is todays toy! This was long over due but the stock on was acceptable for so long. Was concerned with the new quickness I might need a good damper to get the ride I'm looking for.

View attachment 1598731
those look cool... I believe it mounts over the tank …... like a moderate sized dildo slung across ure gas tank..... lol... sorry arch im havin a lil fun today.

all jokin aside... im happy ure getting all this done and see the passion involved…. I think its gonna come out aces.
doesn't your bike have an aftermarket damper? of all people who need one you do on that monster.

View attachment 1598731
I love mine , you won't ever regret buying quality Willie !!:thumbsup:

View attachment 1598731
Only downside with that is I can’t lift the tank with it mounted I have to take the whole damn thing off :lol:

EFDA95A3-A9A0-42E3-B49D-FDA4AD4DC48E.jpeg

48C6F11C-E392-478B-9BE9-17D6B0F5D40D.jpeg

Still waiting on an email from Yoshi on what to do. It doesn't look bad but it doesn't look new either. They told me a good sealer would make it look new but never gave me the product. Haven't had time to check into this.
If the sealer doesn’t work you can always buy a new carbon sleeve they are not too pricey.

Back