10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

I knew something was bothering me! On the paint I only showed the right side. The kanji can't be placed on the left side like this unless it's reversed, which will look silly:

Thinking of doing this instead.

I'll just add a decal on this side.

10 grand u got in it>?
Total a little less than that over the years. This last group of mods a little over 5 when it's done. Probably another 4 in labor which I saved because I did it myself. Looks like a lot because I'm doing it all at once. I'll basically have a 22K bike counting the 10+ it cost me new in 2009. No way I could buy a bike like this for that much, mainly because nobody makes one. The 1290 Duke is the closest and that goes for 24+.

A lot less than a turbo or a custom trailer queen. I'm enjoying the project and the bike will be amazing to ride. That sort of fun ain't cheap.

How much you got in yours?

The kanji can't be placed on the left side like this unless it's reversed, which will look silly:

I would shift, scale, rotate, and move both images to develop a unified look. This just requires some compromise from the original "perfect" right-side design. There is also no rule that both left and right images have to be in the exact same spot left-to-right, particularly since this is a custom one-off. You can do whatever you want with it. It does not require symmetric perfection.

Consider this: The production bikes lack these types of cool designs specifically because the makers are unwilling to make any compromise to the symmetry. This is an instance to perhaps throw out that tyrannical rule and let your artistry flow.

Right you would never reverse it, the reason being, as a symbol it would be meaningless.

Look how much this side was compromised, the text is cutoff from view, so that the left side could be as large and as perfect as possible. And a lot of people see this one in public.

I knew something was bothering me! On the paint I only showed the right side. The kanji can't be placed on the left side like this unless it's reversed, which will look silly:
View attachment 1598781

Thinking of doing this instead.

View attachment 1598780

I'll just add a decal on this side.

How bad would it be to flip the top of the kanji back the right way, and leave the "tail" still pointing to the back of the bike?
Who other than Japanese speaking people are gonna know?
So what's in blue above is flipped/mirrored, and the swoosh on the black lower is unchanged??
(I don't know, maybe that means it says Hayabusa on one side, and cornbread or toaster on the other).

How bad would it be to flip the top of the kanji back the right way, and leave the "tail" still pointing to the back of the bike?
Who other than Japanese speaking people are gonna know?
So what's in blue above is flipped/mirrored, and the swoosh on the black lower is unchanged??
(I don't know, maybe that means it says Hayabusa on one side, and cornbread or toaster on the other).
Was playing with that idea last night. It is a strong possibility. I also like the Kanji on one side and just "SUZUKI GSX1340 S" on the other in small letters. I third possibility is a big SUZUKI in the darker color used on the top of the kanji.

I would shift, scale, rotate, and move both images to develop a unified look. This just requires some compromise from the original "perfect" right-side design. There is also no rule that both left and right images have to be in the exact same spot left-to-right, particularly since this is a custom one-off. You can do whatever you want with it. It does not require symmetric perfection.

Consider this: The production bikes lack these types of cool designs specifically because the makers are unwilling to make any compromise to the symmetry. This is an instance to perhaps throw out that tyrannical rule and let your artistry flow.

Right you would never reverse it, the reason being, as a symbol it would be meaningless.

Look how much this side was compromised, the text is cutoff from view, so that the left side could be as large and as perfect as possible. And a lot of people see this one in public.

View attachment 1598784
All true points but that bike is in no way a looker! Design is just to make a billboard for sponsors.

I don't know if he did or not. As I said in another post when I get that nervous feeling I go back through all my decisions. That's when I realized the design wasn't reversible and I shot him a message. That was just last night though.

Total a little less than that over the years. This last group of mods a little over 5 when it's done. Probably another 4 in labor which I saved because I did it myself. Looks like a lot because I'm doing it all at once. I'll basically have a 22K bike counting the 10+ it cost me new in 2009. No way I could buy a bike like this for that much, mainly because nobody makes one. The 1290 Duke is the closest and that goes for 24+.

A lot less than a turbo or a custom trailer queen. I'm enjoying the project and the bike will be amazing to ride. That sort of fun ain't cheap.

How much you got in yours?
I paid 16 grand for the bike.... and 3-4 grand to fix and upgrade(powerhouse)…. but im not done yet with it.

I don't know if he did or not. As I said in another post when I get that nervous feeling I go back through all my decisions. That's when I realized the design wasn't reversible and I shot him a message. That was just last night though.
lol.... im glad that mistake wasn't made on a HUGE skyscraper... they didn't show ya everything in architect school...… ROFL.... im glad u caught it now though....

Back