10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

I received this yesterday. Looks real familiar to thus thread :)

1555453104536.jpg

DSC_2857.JPG

Well!

Since I'm waiting on the wheels and fairings figured I would start looking at the electronics. Won't install until I resolve the Quick Shifter decision, but getting organized. With Electronics, it's all about planning and Patience. This is the Amplink module, and a bag of waterproof connectors.
190421 Amplink.jpg

I ordered a set of Ti bolts for the build. I wanted to get 2 sets of fairing bolts, one blue and one black. I would then use the color that matched the area of the fairing it was in. Then I started thinking the blue would not match the blue of the fairing and I hate all those different blues. Anyway the fairing bolts don't come in black from probolt. decided to just do gold to match the caliper and rotor bolts. I actually hate gold on anything, but the gold is the right choice for the calipers and the fairings don't really have any accents in the paint scheme so maybe it will work. If it looks cheesy I'll either use the OEM bolts of bite the bullet an order more.

On the engine bolts, can I remove and replace the case bolts one at a time without needing to replace gaskets and stuff?

I also need to measure the bolts that attach the handle bars to the triple clamps so I can replace those with Ti.

Going to stop there for now, not going to bother with axels and axel nuts - got to leave something for her 15 year anniversary right?

Also have the Healtech quick shifter on the way.

I am very tired of waiting for wheels, I can't wait to see this stuff start to come together!

I felt the need to add some accents to the bike as the paint scheme is very understated so I went with gold bolt. Must admit they look great with the Brembo calipers, very close match to the nickel finish (looks better than camera shot). Also the gold titanium fairing bolts are an understated gold, not too brash. So, happy with these I suppose. They didn't have the engine bolt kit in gold titanium though, think I will cancel that.

Surprised no one has mentioned the size of the Yoshi can! I clipped that from an old picture and could not get it scaled properly in Photoshop. Lol!
I noticed it right away, but figured it was a photoshop glitch. Lol! I wish the r77 went back that far, so the exhaust gasses would come out past the givi bags I have

I agree on this one. I have one on my busa and really like it. @ROADTOAD1340 runs the same, I think.
Yes , I bought mine from the same dude , best price on evilbay , worldwide . Don't forget to swap out the countersunk bolts for either aluminum or ti , with the aluminum nuts !!
And yes Willie you can definitely swap out those stock handle bar plate M10 's for ti , or even M10 aluminum like I did at one stage . I confess , I ended up swapping them out for black TI hollow drilled race hex M10 's (rare) because I got paranoid about the aluminum there !! The factory bolt are 2 different lengths , but you can get away with
M10 x 1.25mm x 60mm length for all 4 , you then can get the nuts in ti to suit . Obviously , for these bolts , you could go any pitch M10 + the nuts , I put 1.25mm pitch because it is generally easily available , and the most generally used on Jap bikes .

Back