08 in CT

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
Got an email yesterday from the salesperson (Chuck) whom I had bought my 06LE . He just got in a 08 Black/Gray. I stopped by after work (7pm). It was dark and the bike was outside (he later brought it inside for the night). Some observations:

1) The color was not black. It looked more like a dark metallic gray. I reminded me of an 05LE. It looked good.

2) The engine was very quiet (he started it up outside). Much quieter than my 06LE.

3) The new "shovel" appears to be held on by four screws. "Shovel" mods will be much easier now.
smile.gif

4) I sat on the bike. It felt like my 06LE.

5) I liked the look of the front. I'm still not sure about the new tail.

I didn't have much time with the bike (they closed shop at 7:30pm and it was outside in the low light conditions most of the time I was looking at it). So, I can't comment on the other changes much. I'll be stopping by this weekend to check it out a little more (if it isn't sold...)
sad.gif

If anyone in CT is interested, the dealer is:

New Haven Power Sports
143 Whalley Ave
New Haven, CT 06511-3220
(203) 562-3900

I might have to stop by there on thurs. There open late. Very good people down there I have been dealing with then for about 10 yrs. they started a bike night on thursday's, don't know if it's on tomorrow.

(mike04busa @ Oct. 03 2007,21:22) I might have to stop by there on thurs. There open late. Very good people down there I have been dealing with then for about 10 yrs. they started a bike night on thursday's, don't know if it's on tomorrow.
I didn't know about the bike night.

They are pretty laid back. I like them. The owner Dave is cool. Been there something like 35 years.

If the price is right go with it in New Haven

Otherwise find GixxerJockey on the BandofRiders.net board.

He is the man at CT Power + Sports.

He knows that the Busa buyer is an educated buyer, so when your cash is in place and you are ready to buy walk in and just ask for Noel a.k.a GixxerJockey.

He will do you right otherwise he knows he won't get the org buisness.
super.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Oct. 03 2007,19:37) If the price is right go with it in New Haven

He knows that the Busa buyer is an educated buyer, so when your cash is in place and you are ready to buy walk in and just ask for Noel a.k.a GixxerJockey.

super.gif
Called him just now. Hes expecting one this week. I dropped your name too Timmy. Thanks.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Oct. 03 2007,22:37) If the price is right go with it in New Haven

super.gif
Did they move? Or, are they still on N. Colony Road in Wallingford, CT?

From what I know, they did move.... they are very close to their old location but its more of a backroad. If you look up Calcagni - the real estate company, they are basically across the street.

(sideswipe @ Oct. 04 2007,08:53)
(TIMMYDUCK @ Oct. 03 2007,19:37) If the price is right go with it in New Haven

super.gif
Called him just now. Hes expecting one this week. I dropped your name too Timmy. Thanks.
Good beans.

We have ridden a lot together around New England,

Deals Gap this past April.

He is a solid rider and buisness man.

I hope things work out.

Back