Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Well, I just ordered new tires, going from stock Bridgestones to Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's. I have heard a lot of good things about them so we will see. :please:

Purchased from: JakeWilson.com
Front $111.99
Rear $153.99
Free shipping

Only got 3500 miles out of the rear (BT015) and still aways to go on the front. I figured I'll replace as a match set to really see if I like the new feel.

Ive always been a Bridgestone fan but needed to look outside the box this time. ??? Just hope they are at least as smooth as the Bridgestones

I'll let you know.

I did the exact same thing you did, at only 3500 miles my stock rear bridgestone needed to be replaced, I ordered the Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT as a set.... my verdict....

I could not be any happier!! They are WAY better than the stockers IMO, you will have more confidence going through the twisties because of the extra grip! Let us know what you're opinion is :thumbsup:

That's great news to hear. You dont want to spend the money and then wish you would have stayed with the original manufacture. :thumbsup:

I normally get between 7 and 10 thousand out if the pilot road 2s. Great tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just hoping to get at least the performance Im getting currently on the
BT015's. Just not getting the mileage.

My buddy had just changed the PR2 CT's and had 10,000 miles on them with a BMW 1200 RT and swears by them, so I'm looking forward to get them on and test them out

If I'm doing the math right you got those for $266.00. Great price. The Michelin is a great tire. When the rear gets worn it gets a little slippery.

been runnin the pilot power pures for a few thousand miles now and likin em thus far. For about the first 500-1000 miles i was second guessing the pure's bc they just didn't feel right and felt very "finnicky" coming into corners, like it would slip for just a split second or somethin. Was checkin my rear wheel every ride bc it felt like it was loose and shifting around, weird. Noticed my psi was a little low a few times, maybe that was it, but i haven't noticed it since about the first 500 miles or so and now they run great. Had the pp 2ct's on my 750 and loved them as well

I think for the ones who only get a couple thousand miles out of a set of tires either have a stretched busa or they beat on it.

stretched bikes always get less milage out of a set of tires.

Well, I just ordered new tires, going from stock Bridgestones to Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's. I have heard a lot of good things about them so we will see. :please:

Purchased from: JakeWilson.com
Front $111.99
Rear $153.99
Free shipping

Only got 3500 miles out of the rear (BT015) and still aways to go on the front. I figured I'll replace as a match set to really see if I like the new feel.

Ive always been a Bridgestone fan but needed to look outside the box this time. ??? Just hope they are at least as smooth as the Bridgestones

I'll let you know.
I bought mine Motorcycle Parts & Gear ? Dirt Bike/MX, ATV & Street Bike | MotoSport and saved a ton of money. You will def feel the difference. I use to drift theu turns on the bridgestones. The Pilot Powers are waaaay better, like glue on the ground. Happy Ridin!

Just hoping to get at least the performance Im getting currently on the
BT015's. Just not getting the mileage.

My buddy had just changed the PR2 CT's and had 10,000 miles on them with a BMW 1200 RT and swears by them, so I'm looking forward to get them on and test them out

The BTO15 that came stock on your busa is a performance tire that works well on the streets as well as a admirable track day weapon. The BT016 has now replaced the BTO15. The 16 has a triple compound rear and dual compound front. Execptional upgrades and a terrific street tire with exceptional lateral grip.

Your choice of the Pilot Road 2 replacements are touring tires. The heavier carcass requires more air pressure than does the BT015 and will not absorbe bumps as well giving a rougher ride over bumps.

You WILL NOT get the same level of grip from the PR2 as you had with your BT015. While the PR2's may serve you very well and give you twice the mileage you give up a sizeable amount of grip thoughout the range of tire surface. There are rare exceptions (If any) to the rule "Increase mileage and decrease grip or increase grip and decrease mileage"!

When you give up grip for mileage just be certain the mileage tire has adequate grip to suit your needs. :thumbsup:

My buddy uses the road 2ct's and loves them... Jakewilson.com seems to be the best pricing around. I use the reg 2ct's and love them... ordered from jake too.

The BTO15 that came stock on your busa is a performance tire that works well on the streets as well as a admirable track day weapon. The BT016 has now replaced the BTO15. The 16 has a triple compound rear and dual compound front. Execptional upgrades and a terrific street tire with exceptional lateral grip.

Your choice of the Pilot Road 2 replacements are touring tires. The heavier carcass requires more air pressure than does the BT015 and will not absorbe bumps as well giving a rougher ride over bumps.

You WILL NOT get the same level of grip from the PR2 as you had with your BT015. While the PR2's may serve you very well and give you twice the mileage you give up a sizeable amount of grip thoughout the range of tire surface. There are rare exceptions (If any) to the rule "Increase mileage and decrease grip or increase grip and decrease mileage"!

When you give up grip for mileage just be certain the mileage tire has adequate grip to suit your needs. :thumbsup:

Tufbusa, You are spot on in regards to longer life, harder compound. It took me a long time moving away from Bridgestones and probably will regret it, but looking for a little more mileage seeing I'm straight up more than leaning into a curve living in south Florida.

Im not a real agressive rider as your self, I just like to feel the power and torque on the straights. (I like to play in the 70 mph and up range) Where it's safe and duable of coarse.

It's funny you mentioned the harder compound the harder the ride, That was one of my biggest concerns, is keeping that cushy ride it currently has. I will agree with you for sure.

The funny thing is, you ask ten people their opinion on tires or anything else for that matter and unfortunetly you get ten different answers.

Well time will tell and I need to experiment myself to find the right tire.

I value your opinion and is much appreciated as always,

Regards, Rick

Back