Somebody is getting new shoes

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Installing new Michelin Pilot Road 2's tomorrow. I will let you know how they feel compared to the stock BT-015's

DSC00633.JPG

Maybe you should buy her some wheels to put those shoes on.:laugh:

Well just finished taking a ride through some twisty roads taking it easy of coarse due to new rubber. My first impression is the ride is smooth as usuall with new tires but seems to be a bit better than OEM's.

The big difference I felt right away is when you start to lean into a turn, the bike just falls into it with no effort at all which is a big difference from OEM. :thumbsup: With those 2 improvements and additional longevity, (IMO) it's the right tire for my riding style.

I'm running 40 psi at the moment and going to try 38 once broke in and see how she handles

DSC00635.JPG

DSC00638.JPG

Just got back from another run doing some high speed riding on 95 and they are smooth as glass. I have to add to the previous post that cornering with these PR2's are so much better to me than the OEM. While leaned over in a turn, it is steady as can be.

My Bridgestones where a little squirrly. I think I have found the tire for me and my riding style.

Just got back from another run doing some high speed riding on 95 and they are smooth as glass. I have to add to the previous post that cornering with these PR2's are so much better to me than the OEM. While leaned over in a turn, it is steady as can be.

My Bridgestones where a little squirrly. I think I have found the tire for me and my riding style.
I have Pilot Pures front and back right now, but they have way more adhesion (and consequently way lower longevity) than I need for how I ride these days. I think PR2's will be the way I'll go next tyre change. Thanks for the brief review. How much were they btw?

Be very careful testing the limits of the PR2. The Michelins are not as forgiving as the Bridgestones when they start to slip.

Be very careful testing the limits of the PR2. The Michelins are not as forgiving as the Bridgestones when they start to slip.

like he said, just be careful they are a harder compound which is great in the long run, but can give out on you on the twisties. like you said though, its depends on your riding style:thumbsup:

Your going to love them. I ran 3 sets and now am on my first set of road 3s, well front anyway, rear to come soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

like he said, just be careful they are a harder compound which is great in the long run, but can give out on you on the twisties. like you said though, its depends on your riding style:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

The multi-compound is a great tire. Best of both worlds.

Your going to love them. I ran 3 sets and now am on my first set of road 3s, well front anyway, rear to come soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im very satisfied with them. They are less squirly (none) than the OEMs IMO. My front OEM tire was only half worn out so my opinion is that the front end feels so much sturdier than before laid over in a turn. Just that right their made the difference in the world to me.

These tire as you know have the softer compound on the sides so they stick real well. They are not a track tire but for MY riding style, they are perfect

Agreed, I dont ride like him, wish I did but dont have the opportunity to do so.

Back