Michelin Pilot Pures

Jza

Registered
Hey guys,

Had these fitted to my K8 and have put 250 miles on them over the weekend.

Just wanted to give a "no bull****" account of what they are like.

First off, i picked them up after the guy took the 015's off, and they are noticably lighter.

I'm not a racer, i dont push the tyres to the limit i just ride fast on the road.

The biggest difference between these tyres and the 015's i've used to date is the changes they make to handling by the nature of their profile. They really speed up the change of direction and the bike responds much quicker to your inputs through the bars... i kept over turning the bike to start off with if you follow...

A good example of the change they make.... try riding along with no hands on bars (i know thats a bad idea but roll with me.... :D) and change direction with 015's.. with just your weight on the pegs... its pretty hard to make the bike move about.

Now try it with the Pures.. the bike moves from side to side with changes of your weight on the pegs.. easily.

In terms of grip... im not sure... but they certainly felt rock solid and i didnt notice any less grip than the 015's but as i say, i didnt push the tyres like a racer in the first place.

On the brakes they felt fine... in the corners very stable.

In summary then, if you want to speed up the handling of your 'Busa and want AT LEAST AS GOOD GRIP as the 015's.. i'd recommend you give them a go.

I love the way they make the bike steer and they give you confidence in the corners.

:thumbsup:

Jza

Much of that fuzzy feeling one gets is from replacing worn out tires with new tires, not necessarily better tires.

New rubber always comes with a smile! :thumbsup:

Pilot pures in my opinion are an good tire for most of the average street rider. However, for me when riding harder then average, the tire squims and moves around more then I like. I am glad I tired them. But bridgestone and dunlops get my vote as a better tire. Bt16s, bt002s, and Q2s.

I had them on my 2006(3 sets before i sold it) and got bout 6-7,000 miles out of them mixed riding in the twisties and riding 2-up. I wouldn't drive my 2011 off the show room untill they put the Pures on it:laugh:. Thats just me though.

Pilot pures in my opinion are an good tire for most of the average street rider. However, for me when riding harder then average, the tire squims and moves around more then I like. I am glad I tired them. But bridgestone and dunlops get my vote as a better tire. Bt16s, bt002s, and Q2s.
Hmmm...that's an interesting observation. I have had them on my bike for about 2k miles now and love them, but I strongly suspect from your posts that you push your limits a lot more than I do.

Just came from Pure's and switched to 016's and I would agree with everything you are saying. The 016's are slower to turn, noticeably heavier much, much slower to react to "body english"

Just came from Pure's and switched to 016's and I would agree with everything you are saying. The 016's are slower to turn, noticeably heavier much, much slower to react to "body english"
It's like every oil thread and every exhaust thread on every forum about every bike...everyone has a strong opinion, all the opinions are right, and every single one is wrong. I think riding is less about science than it is about passion and perception. Most tires these days are better than most of us can push them, or at least better than most of us would want to (including me). I don't go even close to the Pures' cornering and braking abilities, but if I had to, well, it sure is nice it's there!

Ok so i ahev a question...have you ever riden on the pilot powers? How does the pure compare to it? i am just curious as my powers are gonna start getting harder to find as they arent made anymore i dont think

I'll be the one: EVERYONE I see is running with the pure train..

Not this guy!

Pilot road 2's front and back
Bout 4k on them and they look dam good!

But I grand ma my bike.. Use it to commute. 2 up rarely now..

Then again if I ever reperpous the bike, I'd mount pures or angels.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Hmmm...that's an interesting observation. I have had them on my bike for about 2k miles now and love them, but I strongly suspect from your posts that you push your limits a lot more than I do.

He probably does! I've seen Tim weave between the dashed lines at 60+mph, give that a try on a 500 lb bike!

Personally, the 2ct's do all the stuff you said and cost less. I'm sure they won't out perform like the pures on track, but if you don't ride on track that doesn't matter.

Also going to a 55 profile from a 50 really makes a big difference no matter what the tire. I personally like the 50 for the street but the turn in is way quicker with the 55's.

Just my 2 cents.

Is that kilometers? No way anyone's going to get 8k miles from Pures!

I have done a couple 1100+mile days on them and the center is a little bit flat but still safe and ridable. I'll try and get a couple pictures of them later today to show what a 6200mile pure looks like.

It's like every oil thread and every exhaust thread on every forum about every bike...everyone has a strong opinion, all the opinions are right, and every single one is wrong. I think riding is less about science than it is about passion and perception. Most tires these days are better than most of us can push them, or at least better than most of us would want to (including me). I don't go even close to the Pures' cornering and braking abilities, but if I had to, well, it sure is nice it's there!

I could be safely said, for street riding at least the pure's were pushed pretty hard. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the 016 but it's an apples and orange type of comparison.

The pure's are in fact lighter, and the traits of a lighter "sharper" tire would be quicker turn in and less effort on the bars.

My pures lasted about 3k miles. They werent a bad tire, but in the wet they spun up on me at light throttle settings compared to the other brand I have used. I had the front push on me coming out of corners... Like a car understeering! They are lighter then the others... But the tire moved around more then I liked. Installing the other tires confirmed the carcass difference too. Q2's firmer side walls then the pures. I am not home but can post pics of the pures wearing out over a road I like to cruise on. Again not a bad tire... But for me not my first pick. Glad I tired them! Oh, me ride hard... No!:whistle: I just like to cruise!:laugh:

Back