Any Input ~ michelin pilot pure

ICEMANN

Registered
Gettin ready for a semi long ride trip. about 6-7 hours one way, couple days of riding in the area then 6-7 hours back.

I have been using pilot powers, then the dual componds ct2's, now im looking at the newer "PURES". From what I read they are stickier, with a little less milage. Anyone have any real world experience.

does it matter:

190/50 or 190/55?

thanks jd

Last edited:
They are very sticky! I got only 1500 miles out of my last set of Pures, but they were my favorite tire so far. I'm not sure what sort of trip you're planning, but I would not recommend them for high mileage flat-land riding. They're awesome for mountain miles. :thumbsup:

Definitely go for the 55 on the rear. It makes a huge difference in how easily the bike leans over into a turn. It also puts more rubber on the ground while you're leaned over. With a 55, I scraped the pegs, but never went all the way to the edge of the tire. There was always about 1/4 inch of chicken strip left. With a 50 series, there was no chicken left at all.

Last edited:
i am getting ready to replace mine. they are the stickiest i have used but have Q2's on standby. I got about 4500 out of them and they have never let go.

Skaz,
you got 4500 out of the pure's or the Q2's? Im riding from ohio down to TN thru deals gap up to the rock slide and then around the area, back to ohio. The price is the same for me to get the Pilot powers CT2's which Ive been using or the Pures which im not sure will leave me any tire left once I get back.

thanks for the feedback
jd

Skaz,
you got 4500 out of the pure's or the Q2's? Im riding from ohio down to TN thru deals gap up to the rock slide and then around the area, back to ohio. The price is the same for me to get the Pilot powers CT2's which Ive been using or the Pures which im not sure will leave me any tire left once I get back.

thanks for the feedback
jd

What are you paying for the PP 2ct's, I am looking at a big difference, last time I checked.
I will go search, but please tell me what the cost is for both tires. I am going to be needing new shoes and always buy the best deal early and keep them in the garage til I need them.

Thanks,
Bubba

heres a link to where i bought my 2cts bubba. right around 200 TMD. i dont see how people are getting the same mileage from from the 2, isnt the pure a ST?

Product Listing - Michelin

Product Listing - Michelin

Nice prices, but they charge for shipping, so it kinda evens out. I am really surprised at how fast the offset of price has begun to balance. I really thought the PP 2cts were going to stay down and the Pures would be up for much longer.
Thanks for the link, I will be keeping an eye on that site!:beerchug:
Bubba

2ct's are supposed to be on backorder. tried to get some this last time

i got them from the above link less than a week, they were 210.59. even though one other comp told me they were back ordered, they had them to me in less than a week.

I have the pilot pures on the busa right now! My opinion is still up in the air.... In wet weather they suck! I was sliding the rear at light throttle openings and could never get a trusting feeling of them. It was pouring down pretty good and I was riding mostly vertical and it still broke loose at the rear. When dry they do get sticky and fall into turns quickly, but I havent really railed them hard yet to get a feel how they really corner when pushed and leaned over hard. I got about 500 miles on them. I had BT002's on the busa before I went to these.... I loved the BT002's. The pures havent won me over yet! Hopefully they will come into there own and prove me wrong as a tire I can trust. If not the BT003's will go on!

Skaz,

thanks for the feedback
jd

out of the pures. i ordered a set of Q2's and I am going to gice those a go since i live 8 miles from work now (was 101 miles then 65 miles) and wanna do trackdays.

well I got the pures. I had to get the 50's. The 55 were to tall in the back because I have a hugger. The price wasnt hate full. $249.00 installed. The feel really good. But hell a new tire always will. Put 200 miles on it so far no complaints. No loss of torque when I stab it so thats good. Let ya know after the trip. So far Im happy

Back