Michelin Pilot POWER tires

I posted this in yer other thread but seeing as how you got this one going, (and I'm such a ho)...

A word about going from old to new tires...

The new tires will always turn quicker (more quickly?) than the old ones as the old ones had a flat profile (from the wear).  

I'm about to skuff up a new set of M1's myself.  Put the first one on and rode the rear to the shop (35 miles, 'member the burnouts?
biggrin.gif
 ) didn't like how the bike handled at all!  

And I can't figure out why a new front could make it turn more slowly (didn't drop ino the corners like the old worn out batleaxxe) Definately did not turn as well.  I just put the rear on this afternoon, will post how I like the set as soon as I take er out.

Oh and I know yer a big boy but please take it easy whilst skuffin dem in!
beerchug.gif

Poppa D steps off the soap box.
Hey Mikey, you didn't go down to a 120-60 on the front did you? Seems like someone on another board mentioned not likin' the 120-60 front because of handlin'. Just a thought.

And yeah, I am takin' it easy on 'em while scuffin' 'em in. The chicken strip on the left was eliminated in a parking lot at low speed and steep lean angle. There was more chance of stallin' and droppin' 'er than there was slidin' 'er out. I ain't pushin' 'em hard at speed yet. Another 100-150 miles and they should be ready to cook.
wink.gif
Ha ha! I know I bought the 120/70 but went out to check anyway. I still havent gotten to ride her yet (blashpmey I now!) but am very eager.

Thanks for the write up on the powers, sounds excellent and definately on par with our other writing.

Have you thought bout submitting some of yer stuff to a paper mag?

BT that's awesome! Thanks much for the review, now I have something besides Pirelli's to think about for my next set (my family would kill me...ha ha
laugh.gif
). BTW, I'm the same way with the right turns, definitely don't take 'em with as much confidence as my left one's. I think it might have something to do with the throttle being on the right side. Glad to hear your confidence level is up and sure glad to hear you're not thinkin 'bout tradin in Da' Train anymore
biggrin.gif

..great review..

I will be testing the new Dunlop 208 - will be posting my impressions about them in a week or so..

Ha ha!  I know I bought the 120/70 but went out to check anyway.  I still havent gotten to ride her yet (blashpmey I now!)  but am very eager.

Thanks for the write up on the powers, sounds excellent and definately on par with our other writing.

Have you thought bout submitting some of yer stuff to a paper mag?
Just checkin'.
wink.gif
Now, get on that beeyotch and RIDE! You can't let me get more miles in a weekend than YOU do! I got around 125 by the way. Would have clocked a lot more if it hadn't rained me out Saturday. I had a 300+ mile day planned.
mad.gif

And why would I submit my stuff to a mag? As a joke?
rock.gif

BTW, I'm the same way with the right turns, definitely don't take 'em with as much confidence as my left one's.  I think it might have something to do with the throttle being on the right side.   Glad to hear your confidence level is up and sure glad to hear you're not thinkin 'bout tradin in Da' Train anymore
biggrin.gif
I find that I'm more apprehensive about makin' HARD right turns in a cage as well. I've always been that way. Don't know why... Maybe I was born to drive NASCAR.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I plan to correct the problem by doin' LOTS of practice sessions and forcin' myself to consciously set up for the right handers and relax when I'm doin' 'em. That's what it's gonna take.
wink.gif

Back