Power Pilot 2CT

(sageronin @ Feb. 08 2007,07:35) Dan ... thanks for the review ... looking forward to your next report!
You got it! I'll try and post it up on Monday....Hopefully with some pics.
wink.gif

Dan

(UR IT! @ Feb. 08 2007,09:03)
(CBXRider @ Feb. 07 2007,23:51) I've got no complaints about the PPs cornering ability but I'd still like a manufacturer to make us a hard centered tire with soft sticky edges.  No matter how many corners you ride you are straight up far longer in actual mileage.
It's was my understanding that they made these with a harder center than the original PP's.
Nope. The middle compound is exactly the same compound as the standard pilot powers. The edge compound is a 20% softer compound. According to michelin
wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 08 2007,15:46)
(UR IT! @ Feb. 08 2007,09:03)
(CBXRider @ Feb. 07 2007,23:51) I've got no complaints about the PPs cornering ability but I'd still like a manufacturer to make us a hard centered tire with soft sticky edges.  No matter how many corners you ride you are straight up far longer in actual mileage.
It's was my understanding that they made these with a harder center than the original PP's.
Nope.  The middle compound is exactly the same compound as the standard pilot powers.  The edge compound is a 20% softer compound.   According to michelin
wink.gif
Well I was able to get almost 6k out of the last set, down to the wear markers in the center, so hopefully I can duplicate that on these. With a softer edge I should be worn a lot more evenly across the whole tire.
biggrin.gif

Dan

(UR IT! @ Feb. 08 2007,09:01)
(TIMMYDUCK @ Feb. 07 2007,23:27) Good right up.

I have my 1st set on but only a couple 100 miles at freezing temperatures.

So no pushing them yet.

Got a guy doing me "stock size" fronts for 100 and rears for 145.

Pick-up only.

No reciept.
Thanks!  That's a pretty good deal...by stock I suppose your referring to the original pilot powers. I had a nice deal on the stocks too, but opt'd for the 2ct's for $40 more.

Check this site out:

Pilot Power pkg deal[/URL

No that is for 2CTs in ' Stock Size'

190/ 50/17

120/70/ 17

Do you guys even read the posts or just skim them ?

(TIMMYDUCK @ Feb. 08 2007,17:44) No that is for 2CTs in ' Stock Size'

190/ 50/17

120/70/ 17

Do you guys even read the posts or just skim them ?
No I just skim 'em.......
laugh.gif

Now that's a nice deal!
bowdown.gif

Dan

Hey Dan, nice write up on the tires. I'm putting 2tc's on my gixxr, but I want to get a few more miles out of the BTX's before I switch. Where are you riding up in mountains. Wouldn't mind hooking up with you. I would probably be bringing the gixxr though. I've got to put a chain on the Busa. It's way past the wear limit. I've got the chain and new sprockets, now I just have to find the time to put it together. Anyhow, if you want to ride and want some company, let me know. I'm doing track days out at Firebird once a month. I got a pretty good deal there if I work the corners at the track I ride the track days for free with my group. Deal is I have to be available for all the track days and races. Not trying to thread jack, just got a little carried away.

(Copperone @ Feb. 09 2007,17:56) I'm doing track days out at Firebird once a month.  I got a pretty good deal there if I work the corners at the track I ride the track days for free with my group.  Deal is I have to be available for all the track days and races.  Not trying to thread jack, just got a little carried away.
That's what I was thinking of doing also
laugh.gif

Definately a cheaper way to do trackdays
wink.gif

Yeah Charles it works out pretty good for me because I'm only 1/2 hour from the track. This way I get to do at least one track day every month.

(Copperone @ Feb. 09 2007,18:56) Hey Dan, nice write up on the tires.  I'm putting 2tc's on my gixxr, but I want to get a few more miles out of the BTX's before I switch.  Where are you riding up in mountains.  Wouldn't mind hooking up with you.  I would probably be bringing the gixxr though.  I've got to put a chain on the Busa.  It's way past the wear limit.  I've got the chain and new sprockets, now I just have to find the time to put it together.  Anyhow, if you want to ride and want some company, let me know.  I'm doing track days out at Firebird once a month.  I got a pretty good deal there if I work the corners at the track I ride the track days for free with my group.  Deal is I have to be available for all the track days and races.  Not trying to thread jack, just got a little carried away.
Danny, I'd love to have you along anytime! I normally ride with my buddy who has an R-1....we try to head out around 4:30 - 5am, do about 200 or so miles and back by 9:30 - 10am. We take carefree to Wickenburg and head up north towards Bagdad then across to Prescott/Sedona area out through Cottonwood to I-17 and back. Beautiful ride with every type of road you'd ever want to ride. We would definately alter the times for you though. I'd like to go riding north of you up 87.

Dan

Don't want you guys to change your reqular riding times. Let me know when you want to ride up 87. We can meet somewhere and head up that direction. That route your talking about through Wickenburg sounds pretty interesting. 200 miles would be a nice ride.

Back