Pilot Power 2CT CHEAP!!!

Enginerd

Registered
So I stopped into cycle gear today and the manager is a regular down at the beach meets in Va Beach. She mentioned that if I needed tires this season that they were giving 25% off mich. pilot power 2ct's till Sunday. Got front and rear for 243+tax. To me that was a great deal compared to prices online. Front tire was $97 and you can do the math for the rear. Am I missing something or this really a good deal? If so, run over to your cycle gear and get some!

In-store only, and only in the Northeast sector of Cyclegear stores.

I wnder if it has anything to do with the age of the tires?

I wnder if it has anything to do with the age of the tires?
Thats a great question, and I did pose that. She did have one that had been sitting for a long time. I grabbed one that had just recently come in (for front and rear). She said she suspects that its because of horrible sales over the off season.

Tires must have a date code by DOT laws...

look to the serial number on the sidewall of the tire (usually 1 or 2 branded numbers) we are looking at the last 4 digits..

xxxxxxx3307 or xxxxxxx 3307 the last four = week of year/ year in this case 33rd week of 2007

hope this helps..

Wish I would have known that buying them... well the front was stamped 46/07 and still has the shipping sticker to cycle gear from the distributor (1/08/08). The rear on the other hand was stamped 11/07. Is this bad that the rear was from last march or april?

I have no idea what would be an "old" tire for a bike... but for cars, a year is fine..

You will notice that you have to warm the 2ct more that the pilot powers. I have 2ct on my bike and they surprize me once in awhile when the rear steps out in turns

You will notice that you have to warm the 2ct more that the pilot powers. I have 2ct on my bike and they surprize me once in awhile when the rear steps out in turns
according to what I found out is that the sidewalls on the 2ct is softer than on the regular PP... you are saying it takes longer to become sticky?

rock.gif
I don't like the sounds of that. This is one of the tires I'm considering.

I put them on my 750 and love 'em. After a lap or two they're great. Stick great. Of course, I never had issues with the regular PPs either.

Back