PP 2CT Break In

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
As some of you may remember from the thread I posted about the , I was in need of some new tires....ended up getting the PP 2CTs.  Though I've got a couple hundred miles on them now, I still haven't had the chance to really scrub them in until today.  Man..I really sucked today...the 2CTs are "softer" than the M3s and just felt a bit squirmy in the corners....I think I've just been used to the "hardness" of the M3s and just need to get used to these.  But, more than that I just flat out sucked....just didn't feel comfortable in the twisties for some reason.  Bad day maybe??  Well....going for nice ride with some friends tomorrow.....hopefully things will be better!  Anyone else have a bad riding day like this?  Any suggestions?

i think u were jsut worried about the new tires breakin loose. i eased into the first couple hundred miles of my new qualifiers and now feel confident in the break in and dayyum those things stick. jsut get back out on the scoot and ride the biatch!!! give it a few more trips and u will have all the confidence in the world again with your new tires.
beerchug.gif

Stayed relaxed with the controls. Good to see you not ride over your head on a day when things don't feel good. KUDOS to you!

Kudo's, mounted two PP 2CTs today and gave them an immediate workout. Silicone gone
SHOCKED.gif

I'm really impressed. Been running PP 2CT on rear. Both felt even better. Wished the Bash was this weekend. Rear tire will more than likely be worn by Bash time.

Definately had those days
wink.gif

Its good you can recognize it and hold back to ride another day
beerchug.gif

(Saxoplay @ Mar. 30 2007,19:20) As some of you may remember from the thread I posted about the , I was in need of some new tires....ended up getting the PP 2CTs.  Though I've got a couple hundred miles on them now, I still haven't had the chance to really scrub them in until today.  Man..I really sucked today...the 2CTs are "softer" than the M3s and just felt a bit squirmy in the corners....I think I've just been used to the "hardness" of the M3s and just need to get used to these.  But, more than that I just flat out sucked....just didn't feel comfortable in the twisties for some reason.  Bad day maybe??  Well....going for nice ride with some friends tomorrow.....hopefully things will be better!  Anyone else have a bad riding day like this?  Any suggestions?
Take her easy for the next two weeks
wink.gif
then we'll get those skins heated up for ya
firedevil.gif

I'm running the 55's on the R1 and 50's on the Busa. The 55's are way more confidence inspiring with an effortless turn-in. Run'em on the soft side too....33-36 for me.

(Saxoplay @ Mar. 30 2007,19:20) As some of you may remember from the thread I posted about the , I was in need of some new tires....ended up getting the PP 2CTs.  Though I've got a couple hundred miles on them now, I still haven't had the chance to really scrub them in until today.  Man..I really sucked today...the 2CTs are "softer" than the M3s and just felt a bit squirmy in the corners....I think I've just been used to the "hardness" of the M3s and just need to get used to these.  But, more than that I just flat out sucked....just didn't feel comfortable in the twisties for some reason.  Bad day maybe??  Well....going for nice ride with some friends tomorrow.....hopefully things will be better!  Anyone else have a bad riding day like this?  Any suggestions?
I have not used the 2TC, but i was seeing that you live in Vegas. Here is what i found with the regular PPs. I live in Florida, and in the dead of summer, or any hot day when the roads are real hot the PPs seem Squirmy to me. In the winter months, when roads don't get so how they feel great.

From what i hear the sidewalls are very thin on PPs and my guess is that on very hot roads they heat to the point that the sidewalls start to "Give" a little. I started using the new qualifier and don't notice this anymore. they seem more stable in the heat.

It also just may be that they have a different Feel than what your using. Remeber Busa is a heavy bike, you don't hear people with the Litre bikes with the same complaint. Might just be the weight difference. not sure.

Just what i've noticed.

BTW i use 55 Profile tires, i like the twistys...

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 31 2007,07:51)
(Saxoplay @ Mar. 31 2007,07:49)
(bigoltool @ Mar. 31 2007,07:43)
(Saxoplay @ Mar. 31 2007,07:31) Well, today's the day!  I'm hoping things are going to be better than yesterday!
What Pressures are you running?
42..front and back.
I recommend running 36 front and rear  
wink.gif
Well...I've always run 42 before with no problems, sliding....ect.  Also, wouldn't lowering the tire pressure possibly make the 2CTs feel even more squirmy?

(Saxoplay @ Mar. 31 2007,07:54)
(Saxoplay @ Mar. 31 2007,07:31) Well, today's the day!  I'm hoping things are going to be better than yesterday!
42..front and back.
wink.gif
Well...I've always run 42 before with no problems, sliding....ect.  Also, wouldn't lowering the tire pressure possibly make the 2CTs feel even more squirmy?
42 is for two up riding and for highway commuting...for twisties 36 works MUCH better IMHO.

At the track (road course) we run 30-31 front and 30 rear...some of the Michelin's run 21-22psi front and rear
wow.gif

I think Metzler was recommending mid 30's on their M3's...let me check that BRB
wink.gif

wink.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 31 2007,00:31) Kudo's, mounted two PP 2CTs today and gave them an immediate workout. Silicone gone  
SHOCKED.gif

I'm really impressed. Been running PP 2CT on rear. Both felt even better. Wished the Bash was this weekend. Rear tire will more than likely be worn by Bash time.
hotrod cop,you should be ashamed
wow.gif
super.gif

git-r-dun

it's good to hear that you knew better than to push it on an off day
beerchug.gif
...when i have days like that, i just kick back and enjoy the scenery...no sense in overdoing it and rashing up my baby and my skin

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 31 2007,08:01)
(Saxoplay @ Mar. 31 2007,07:54)
42..front and back.
wink.gif
42 is for two up riding and for highway commuting...for twisties 36 works MUCH better IMHO.

At the track (road course) we run 30-31 front and 30 rear...some of the Michelin's run 21-22psi front and rear  
wow.gif

I think Metzler was recommending mid 30's on their M3's...let me check that BRB  
wink.gif
+1

run 36-38 if you're aggressive in the twisties.

Bigger contact patch and faster warm-up.

42psi is good for commuting, smaller contact patch makes for less wear.

I run 30-34 at trackdays depending on air temp.

wink.gif

Back