Michelin Powers

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
well, 2560 miles and the diablo corsa's are history. Love the tire but damn expensive... can anyone here give me a report on the powers in the twisties?? I do not like to slide the rear end and the corsa's stuck like glue. However, I love the way the Mich Powers look. Anyone ride hard in the corners with the powers?

Well, I've pushed mine fairly hard in the corners with no slidin'. The only time I've broke the rear loose on the powers was when I hit a damp section of road under full throttle. The back spun on me then. I don't know of a tire that would hold on wet road under full throttle on a busa though.
rock.gif

I'm absolutely thrilled at how the powers handle. I've only got around 700-800 miles on 'em so far and they seem to wear good. As long as I don't dog 'em in a straight line and wear the center out too soon I think I should get a decent amount of miles out of them.

My Diablos stuck to raining wet pavement on full throttle in 2nd.
smile.gif
I was trying to break loose and they didn't.
Powers SUCK!! ... because I don't have them :p

I'm kidding. I think they are the hot thing this season. So far my Pilot HPX's are not blowing my skirt up

The wear has to be better then the diablo corsa's I would think. At this rate I'll be going through a rear about every two months. Even though I ride the twisties, the center of the corsa is still wearing out too quickly. NO burnouts either... corsa is really just a track tire....duh,
all_coholic.gif

If I am not mistaken [and of course I never am HAR HAR] the Corsa is a track only tire putting it in the high wear catagory. the Standard Diablo is the supersport STREET tire and a mighty fine sticky unit too. I wanted to test Powers this summer but didn't get the chance. With winter coming up, I'm going back to Diablo's as I KNOW they stick in sub freezing temps. But I look forward to trying the powers next spring. From the development involving MotoGP, I don't think you could go wrong with Powers.... newest technology, fast heat up, best wear etc etc

Did you buy Corsa's for their stick or trackdays or what?

WWJD...bought them because just about every road around here is, well, twisty!! It's all I ride. I thought I would wear them pretty even but that's just not the case. They (and this is where the "duh" part comes in) are track tires, just like Pirelli says. However, now that I'm so use to the way they handle, might be kind of dangerous to go to a totally different compound, I have gotten pretty gutsy on these tires. But, I think I'm going to try the powers and see.

Back