Michelin Pilot Powers

super851

Registered
Currently I'm running Per Diablo's, just wondering if anyone has tried the new Michelin Pilot Powers. Please let me know and thanks for your help.

Yep, I had Powers on my busa. Loved them. The "race" profile made turn-in a little quicker and easier. They provided excellent grip even when cold. The Powers stuck better straight out of my garage better than the stock Bridgestones did after they were warm. The Powers also wore smoother, as in no chewed up look on the tire surface after hard ridin'. I couldn't find a single reason not to like the Powers.

Unfortunately I have not tried Diablos so I can't give you a comparison between the two. I'm thinkin' DJ (sageronin) went from Diablos to Powers though. If he doesn't see this thread and reply soon you might PM him and ask him to post up his opinion of both.

I'm kinda torn between Powers and Diablo Corsas for the 10. I love it's handlin' as it is but I want more grip and faster/easier warm up than the Dunlop D218s that came on it. I'm afraid the more radical profile of the front Power might change handlin' too much. I've read good things about the Diablo Corsa on the 10 though... I dunno.
drooling3.gif

Made in France man, don't buy them!!!!!!!!!!

They do stick good but when they give out there is no warning, no slipping, no feed back, when you reach that point where they give up, they really give up and you are on your caboose! My buddy put a set on his GSXR-750 and the first trip to the track, down she went. Wadded his bike but he was okay. He is a hellofa rider but just no warning when they have had enough! And really, if they were the best tires on earth and almost free, I wouldn't buy them just because they are made in France. The same folks that hate us still wants your money! Motel 6 is also owned by the French and I will no longer stay there as well. I guess I am just one of those few and far between loyal americans. Something that seems to be hard to find now a days
rock.gif

Thanks for you feed back. This is something that I notice as will when I tried the first series of pilots. I don't mind tires slipping then grabbing, but if the powers slip and that's it I will stay away from them.

Yep ... I've tried both and my initial impressions are that the Powers are a tad better because of the softer rubber. I haven't leaned them into any sharp twisties yet, nor rode with them in the rain, nor put a lot of miles on them to check out longevity. Right now I'd feel comfortable purchasing either tire again with a very slight nod to the Powers. I'll be able to give a more thorough report in the spring.

Made in France man, don't buy them!!!!!!!!!!

They do stick good but when they give out there is no warning, no slipping, no feed back, when you reach that point where they give up, they really give up and you are on your caboose! My buddy put a set on his GSXR-750 and the first trip to the track, down she went. Wadded his bike but he was okay. He is a hellofa rider but just no warning when they have had enough! And really, if they were the best tires on earth and almost free, I wouldn't buy them just because they are made in France. The same folks that hate us still wants your money! Motel 6 is also owned by the French and I will no longer stay there as well. I guess I am just one of those few and far between loyal americans. Something that seems to be hard to find now a days
rock.gif
Yeah right...I'll bet you eat french fries and put french dressing on your salad everyday.And you call yourself an American-Ha!!

I am a true american Diesel (By the way, I really like that handle) I have lived the american dream, been married and divorced five times, Vietnam and prison! And,,,,, I may eat french fries made with Idaho Spuds and french dressing by paul newman but I'll be damned if I'll buy "Made in France" again. But now those "Made in France" maidens are a different story
biggrin.gif

Its "Freedom Fries" man "Freedom Fries"
I haven't had a need for tires yet but the stock ones on the Busa do not feel very predictable to me thus making me feel a bit uneasy. Just my .02

Probably others that have run both, but DJ (Sage) has the more recent experience. I just put Diablos on mine, but haven't had a chance to ride yet. Soon though, very soon!

Dang Painless, you are right, it is "FREEDOM FRIES" But I still like them made from Idaho spuds
tounge.gif

I have run the stock 56's on my busa all the way out to the bitter edge and they felt good. They are especiall stable at high speeds. The busa won't lean all that far before dragging the case and it's my belief that any of the major sport tires will work fine for most every busa owner. If they are inflated properly and warm before testing their ability, I think it takes a pretty hard core rider to out ride a street tire? The most common failure in the corners is pushing the front out. It usually occurs when one realizes he has a bit to much speed and chops the throttle or touches the front brake loading the tire even more and ends up washing the front. There are obviously better cornering tires out there than the BT056 but there is nothing wrong with the 56 on your busa. Just get them warm before you get agressive in the corners.

By the way, those Michelin Pilot Power tires make poor wheelie tires because of their aggressive race profile. A more round profile works better if you are a wheelie guy. Personally, I'm very fond of the bridgestone BT014. Now those puppies are sticky!

Contrary to what Tufbusa has said. I just went to a track day at Jennings GP where more than a few riders were on the Michelin Powers. They loved the tires and thought they gave good feed back. We started the day with the temp around 39 so it was chilly to say the least. No one crashed and no one had slip problems. Some of the riders had bought the tires from me and I wanted to make sure they were happy with there purchase. To say the least they were.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good tire. Now if your a wheelie guy I would listen to Stunnah or Tufbusa. I can't do wheelies other than exiting the corners.:)

These tires are awesome if you want to take out someone's radiator who is right on your ass. Its happened to me, and another guy a week later. The tires grab pebbles and shoot them like bullets.

These tires are awesome if you want to take out someone's radiator who is right on your ass. Its happened to me, and another guy a week later. The tires grab pebbles and shoot them like bullets.
Exactly....you're like a f-ing hemeroid when you ride! Get off everyone's ass! In your Brooksville vids, you looked like you were going to run over Tspool and Cecil about 5 times.
biggrin.gif
Next time I'm riding down the shoulder in the grass so I can machine gun rocks at you.

I am a true american Diesel (By the way, I really like that handle) I have lived the american dream, been married and divorced five times, Vietnam and prison! And,,,,, I may eat french fries made with Idaho Spuds and french dressing by paul newman but I'll be damned if I'll buy "Made in France" again. But now those "Made in France" maidens are a different story
Damn! Your marriages must have reminded you of vietnam and prison....by the way, Mr. true American.....you're on a JAPANESE bike!!! Didn't you see the movie Pearl Harbor? Well, that really happened! How dare you support them.
biggrin.gif

Oh on a different note, I had my new tires about 3 weeks and today I had to buy ANOTHER rear due to a nail, damn it! This #### is getting expensive.

Well,,,,,,, I suppose if you sell that "Made in France" stuff, it would not be in your financial interest to bring up any negative points. However, I do know more that one race guy who had that same response. They are good tires until you push them to far and when they go, it's all over but the slow walking and the sad singing
sad.gif
But I still like that "Diesel" handle
biggrin.gif

French, Japanese, Martian, whatever. I just want the best. I don't care who makes it. I actually just got a set of Pilot Powers, but the weather is so crappy here right now I think I'll just hold on to them for a few months. The original Bridgestones aren't QUITE worn out (although the road trip did do a number on them, nice flat strip)

Back