Michelin Pilot Powers

Well,,,,,,, I suppose if you sell that "Made in France" stuff, it would not be in your financial interest to bring up any negative points. However, I do know more that one race guy who had that same response. They are good tires until you push them to far and when they go, it's all over but the slow walking and the sad singing
sad.gif
But I still like that "Diesel" handle
biggrin.gif
I've gotta wonder just how many of these kinds of stories are just like every other story on the internet. Some guy busts his ass on new Powers and doesn't know what happened. He comes to the conclusion that it just had to be the Powers and the fact that they just "snapped" at the limit. Then everyone else who crashes on Powers uses the same story to cover their fug ups. That, and of course there will be folks who just want to be a part of a conversation on an internet forum so they will come up with some "I know this guy who..." type of shid and add to the hype.

I've read actual posts by people who have went down on Powers. None of the actual people I've seen post first hand could be sure that it was the Powers that caused the crash. It's always some guy who knows someone who went down, or heard about a guy goin' down when his Powers snapped. I've all but decided that this is prolly just another case of the internet parrots just repeatin' what they've read somewhere and took for gospel.

I personally don't put much weight on stuff posted by folks who "knows a guy who done that". Nothin' personal tuf, but anything coulda caused the crashes these racers you know had...
rock.gif

As for your comment in another post above about the busa not leanin' very far before the case drags... Do you actually own a busa dude? You can lean the shid out of a busa before you drag the case. I've been so far over on a busa that I felt like I knew why zuk didn't use stalk turn signals. Lookin' down between the fairings and the ground I believe stalk signals would be ground off. Yeah, I'm exageratin', but still... You can lean the #### out of a busa without scrapin' the case...

Take a look at this pic. Judgin' by this pic it actually looks to me like the stock cans and the pegs would scrape WAY before the case. Sounds to me like you've developed a misconception about the busa's abilities here. Lemme guess, you "know a guy" who scraped his case and he wasn't leaned over that far? Lol...
laugh.gif

I'm just pickin' at ya about the knowin' the guy who scraped his case, but I'm serious about the busa bein' able to lean like hell before you've gotta worry about the case scrapin'.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102261307 -->

ScreamBusa.jpg

rock.gif

Not talking against Pilot Powers or anything else sponsored here, but I'm really satisfied with the Metzeler M1's that I am currently running. Good stick and warms up real quickly. They also handle well in wet weather. Most of my racing buddies run Metzelers and Michelins. I've also heard good things about the Avon's. According to a few racers I know, they seem to like them and the manufacturer really stands behind their product.

Not talking against Pilot Powers or anything else sponsored here, but I'm really satisfied with the Metzeler M1's that I am currently running. Good stick and warms up real quickly. They also handle well in wet weather. Most of my racing buddies run Metzelers and Michelins. I've also heard good things about the Avon's. According to a few racers I know, they seem to like them and the manufacturer really stands behind their product.

Im only going to reply once unlike the guys above me
muscle.gif

I have the metzler M1's also, I Like Them myself, Hell of alot better then the Dunlop 218's And they dont take out radiators like the powers.

muscle.gif

I have the metzler M1's also, I Like Them myself, Hell of alot better then the Dunlop 218's And they dont take out radiators like the powers.
How did the tires take out the radiator? Did they pick up rocks because they were soft, or was it a tread thing?
rock.gif

Or did you make that up so no-one would know you were tailgating a gravel truck?

muscle.gif

How did the tires take out the radiator? Did they pick up rocks because they were soft, or was it a tread thing?
rock.gif

Or did you make that up so no-one would know you were tailgating a gravel truck?
I think it's the soft rubber.BTW, I didn't get that slippery feeling with the new ones...they gripped well right away. As far as not giving any warning before they go-which ones do?
rock.gif

rock.gif

muscle.gif

rock.gif

Some "so called mechanic" said the tires throw pebbles because they are hot and sticky......whatever.

He could be right, I think its because of the skinny tread going mostly front to back. If a rock gets caught in that, it can get flung out, especially on acceleration. But thats my opinion on what I seen flying at me.

Maybe them damn busa's should move over for us little gixxers when the twisties come up.
lurk.gif
poke.gif
devil.gif

muscle.gif

rock.gif

I think it's the soft rubber.BTW, I didn't get that slippery feeling with the new ones...they gripped well right away. As far as not giving any warning before they go-which ones do?
rock.gif
I was just watching one of the videos I took saturday on the ride with tspoole. I thought I noticed his rear slip on acceleration out of a corner. He didn't say anything about it though.

rock.gif

Does anyone have enough time on Pilot Powers to give me an idea as to how they hold up? The original Battlaxs on mine are about gone at 2,400 miles and I need to get something soon and have been thinking of getting the Powers. Not that durability is my primary consideration, but it would be nice to know going in.

I have the powers on my busa and LOVE them. Best tire out there. To the person who said don't buy them they are made in france.....who really cares. I mean not being a #### or anything but man come on. Just cuz a country hates you doesn't mean you are gonna get jipped by a product made there. It's not like they have a "U.S. only assembly" line where they purposely screw things up. I mean come on. Lets not forget Japan freaking attacked this country they hated us so bad but we are ALL riding Jap bikes aren't we?
rock.gif
??? The moral of this story is just ride with whatever u like the looks of, performance of, and gives you the best bang for your buck.

I was just watching one of the videos I took saturday on the ride with tspoole. I thought I noticed his rear slip on acceleration out of a corner. He didn't say anything about it though.
Was tspoole on Powers? I had someone who rode behind me while I was ridin' Train with Powers. He said I left blackies off of a few turns with the rear spinnin' but I never felt it... I found that odd.
rock.gif

Back