Trackday photos from Big Willow

that T2 pic Charles, you look about 8 inches from dragging elbow!!
thumb_up.gif
firedevil.gif
bowdown.gif

OK. instead of starting tire thread # 432134712093740914275017342095172. I will talk about the Bridgestone BT002RS!

OMFG!! What an amazing tire! I've used Pilot Powers, stockers, Power Races, Power Race PRC's, Slicks, and the Dunlop Qualifier. The 002RS is a trackday/street hybrid but still very much a street tire b/c of high silica content for quicker warmup. I was a little nervous of using them at first, not b/c they are a street tire, but b/c they could potentially get super greasy/slippery when very hot. Advantage of the race DOT's are that they don't get greasy under race pace and hot conditions.

I'm a huge believer in the 002RS!! I normally run tire pressures at 31 front/ 30 rear for quicker warmup, contact patch, and sticky grip. But b/c ambient temp was at 100 degrees F, I decided to run 33 front/32 rear psi to keep the tire cooler. It worked!! I'm sure I was running 1min 29sec to 1min33sec laptimes and they were super grippy, ultra responsive, predictable, and superfast with warmup. The warm up was so good that at the start of one of the afternoon sessions, I was already dragging knee thru T2??!! Holy crap! I would've felt much more comfortable pushing harder and riding close to 100% of my ability on race DOT's considering the conditions, but with 002RS' I was still able to ride at 80 to 85% of my ability in 100+degree weather. We also had 20 mph winds and that was no issue with these tires. Wind was more of an issue from T7 (cross winds) to the transition to T8 (head wind). But mid corner T8 wasn't bad at all. Tremendously confidence inspiring at tip in and mid corner. The predictablity was when I came out of T9 on the pipe, I felt the rear step out/grip/step out/grip. It was then I knew the I was nearing the limits of acceleration for corner exit. The only con (although I don't think it was a CON): was that the tire was sooo good, that I was waiting for it to get greasy and slippery. It never did. I didn't quite care to push it to the absolute limits to find it get greasy. But in all honesty: THIS TIRE IS SOOOO GOOD THAT YOU CAN RACE THIS TIRE IN NOVICE LEVEL CLUB RACING COMPETITION AT WSIR AND POSSIBLY PODIUM OR WIN!!!! I truly believe that!! At the same time, it's good enough to handle the streets in normal daily commutes and not get too destroyed. The coolest thing about the 002RS' are that you don't need tire warmers to get them up to temp and prevent heat cycling (tire going from hot during track/riding use to cold multiple times). They are meant to heat cycle. Thanx to Charlesbusa, BA Busa, and Lamb for really turning me on to these set of rubbers.

In conclusion, for a street/trackday tire (non DOT's) for the aggressive canyon/street and trackday rider, I rate as follows:

1.) Bridgestone BT-002RS' HANDS DOWN NO FREAKIN COMPETITION!! The BEST!!
2.) Dunlop Qualifier: I've stepped out the rear at Willow's T3/almost highsided b/c too greasy and lost the front end via front end tuck and crashed at California Speedway's AMA track T9. Good tire for 2 trackdays.
3.) Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's
4.) Michelin Pilot Powers (too squishy/squirmy mid corner for my taste. The carcass felt like it was ready to roll off of the rims)

hahahaha! post whorin! the ironic thing was Lamb, Charles, and myself all belong to the Busa board and not one of us were riding the Bus, LOL. But that shouldn't last too long b/c Charles will bring the Busa once again to the next trackday, and the Miller Motorsports Park .ORG trip will be All Busas.

Very very nice Charles! I got one coming up on the 15th of this month! Hop to get some more great pix myself!
beerchug.gif

Awesome, awesome, awesome...when you read the posts you guys put up, you can tell how amped you were from the event.

Great pix by some incredible riders. You guys are amazing.

Charles...did you even take the 'busa with you? Lamb, you? Ryan?

Congrats on a successful, fun-looking weekend.

Lamb: Did you get some 'digits' recorded of your riding? I'd love to see it, if you did.

Glad you guys had a great time...and everyone made it home safely.

beerchug.gif

BTW, is that an 06 750 Gixx? Looks like mine. Photographers got sum nice shots of you guys!
bowdown.gif

Damn that track is that fast I want to go I hope that the Eagles Canyon Track is that fast I am ready to get back out on the track for sure
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Great work up and reading you guys! Thanks for the analysis and I'm glad you all had a good time. Are any of you bringing Busas to Reno Fernley or am I the only one on a "bagger"? I know alot can change in a few weeks but so far it's been in the low 90's at R/F on average. Doyle

Great work up and reading you guys! Thanks for the analysis and I'm glad you all had a good time. Are any of you bringing Busas to Reno Fernley or am I the only one on a "bagger"?  I know alot can change in a few weeks but so far it's been in the low 90's at R/F on average.          Doyle
Charles ALWAYS brings both Busa and 7-fitty to the track if it's a two day event  
bowdown.gif
. If I had a Busa again, I'd bring her as well. But I'm working getting my WSMC club race license so I have to concentrate more on my 1K for now.

Charles...did you even take the 'busa with you?  Lamb, you?  Ryan?
It was an one day event, so I only bring one bike. The tires on the Busa were done for track use, so 7 fifty it was.
winkold.gif

Ryan sold his Busa, traitor...

Lamb only brought his 600.

Damn that track is that fast I want to go I hope that the Eagles Canyon Track is that fast I am ready to get back out on the track for sure  
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
Big Willow's nickname is the "Fastest track in the west".

You DO NOT want to crash in T8 or T6, very high speed, can't be good...

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Great work up and reading you guys! Thanks for the analysis and I'm glad you all had a good time. Are any of you bringing Busas to Reno Fernley or am I the only one on a "bagger"?  I know alot can change in a few weeks but so far it's been in the low 90's at R/F on average.          Doyle
I'm bringing both bikes to Reno
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see that track!
cool.gif

Forgot to mention there were at least 6 red flags
wowold.gif

One of them Lambs... He said that he didn't wait until he was stopped before trying to get up. He thought he was done sliding, tried to get up and that's when he twisted his ankle.

2 guys were transported to the hospital. 1 came back later in the day and the other has a broken ankle.

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
Big Willow's nickname is the "Fastest track in the west".

You DO NOT want to crash in T8 or T6, very high speed, can't be good...
Yup! like that guy on the red/black 06 1K that crashed in T8 and broke his foot. Totaled his ride.
wowold.gif
eek2.gif

only way he's gonna save money on rebuilding is getting spare parts off eBay or the local 'Pick 'n' Pull'

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Forgot to mention there were at least 6 red flags
wowold.gif

One of them Lambs...  He said that he didn't wait until he was stopped before trying to get up.  He thought he was done sliding, tried to get up and that's when he twisted his ankle.

2 guys were transported to the hospital.  1 came back later in the day and the other has a broken ankle.
ohthedrama.gif

yeah dude. that was, by far, the most red flags I've ever seen in one TD! The downtime was killing me. I like resting and taking a breather in the shade, but too much actually makes my body feel like crap. It's prolly from the shock of getting the body temp way up, sweating, cooling off, getting in the shade for a long period of time, then repeat.

Back