My trackday pics!!!

hey charles - let me know next time you go; I've been wanting to get some moto pics for a portfolio.

We'll get the BIG lenses out
cool.gif
Oh he!! ya!!! You bet man, next trackday, I'll definately give ya a ring
cool.gif

cool.gif

Very Cool Charles
cool.gif

Looking at the map, I could see how easy it would be to come out of T-2 and go too hot into the T-3/4 combo. Maybe a shortcut between them...
laugh.gif

Looks like you and Julie had a blast. That's what a track day is all about.
beerchug.gif

What the map doesn't depict is how Turn 3 is uphill and Turn 4 is half up hill than downhill all the way to Turn 5. 3 wrecks that day, all between the exit of Turn 4 and the entrance of Turn 5. Turns 1-5 were my favorite
cool.gif

Charles...when you guys decide to do Pahrump let me know. They have track days every month and it's run as long as you want with a lunch inbetween. I have a new "little bike" that I want to take out there.

Nice shots. One question though. I see that are running mirrors. Were the mirrors taped up also?

Nice shots.  One question though.  I see that are running mirrors.  Were the mirrors taped up also?
Yup, mirrors were taped. I took them off in my garage, but without those block off plates to bolt on, I didn't want to run 150mph+ with the fairing just hanging on where the mirrors bolt on. So I rebolted the mirrors back on just to be safe, probably overkill
tounge.gif

Good stuff CharlesBusa!!! I'm doing trackdaz on May 8 but the street group. I'll move up to the Sport for the summer dates. I've also got fastrackriders in Fontana late April.

Yes. Turn 3, 4, and 5 is much more sinister than it looks. The elevation changes are kinda fun. We also had 3 or 4 wrecks that day too (turn 3). The pics look good man. When are you doing Big Willow again?

Looking at the map, I could see how easy it would be to come out of T-2 and go too hot into the T-3/4 combo.  Maybe a shortcut between them...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, If you can jump the massive berm that stands in the way of 3 and 4!! Would make for a great photo op. BTW- I 'almost' went into 3 too hot and went on the brakes hard. The rear fishtailed a little and I think the Busa wanted to Powerslide just like the motogp guys.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143228471 -->

laugh.gif

When are you doing Big Willow again?
Not sure, its a really fast track!!!  I like to lean and accelerate.  I think I'll stick to tracks like Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, and Parumph.  They are slower, less risky.  Turn 8 at Big Willow is insane, 150mph to drag knee!!! I just cruised thru 8 all day, no way I'm going to be on the edge of the tires at 150mph, I'll save that for the racers
tounge.gif

So I'm probably not going to do Big Willow much if at all.  They aren't kidding when they say its the fastest track in the west!!

Julie and I are planning Buttonwillow on July 1st and Streets of Willow on Oct 27th.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143239178 -->

Nice shots.  One question though.  I see that are running mirrors.  Were the mirrors taped up also?
Yup, mirrors were taped.  I took them off in my garage, but without those block off plates to bolt on, I didn't want to run 150mph+ with the fairing just hanging on where the mirrors bolt on.  So I rebolted the mirrors back on just to be safe, probably overkill  
tounge.gif
You can take a couple of zip ties to secure the fairing
if you don't have any of the block off plates
wink.gif

Yup, mirrors were taped.  I took them off in my garage, but without those block off plates to bolt on, I didn't want to run 150mph+ with the fairing just hanging on where the mirrors bolt on.  So I rebolted the mirrors back on just to be safe, probably overkill  
tounge.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
 as long as they don't scratch the plastic  
wow.gif

You know I miss the old
wow.gif
this new one
wow.gif
I just don't know what he's thinking
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143239126 -->

wow.gif

wow.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
 as long as they don't scratch the plastic  
wow.gif

You know I miss the old
wow.gif
  this new one  
wow.gif
 I just don't know what he's thinking  
tounge.gif
The zip ties go through the mirror mounting holes and won't scratch
the faring...even if you could fugg it up....the ties go where the mirror mounts would cover that area
wink.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

Not sure, its a really fast track!!!  I like to lean and accelerate.  I think I'll stick to tracks like Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, and Parumph.  They are slower, less risky.  Turn 8 at Big Willow is insane, 150mph to drag knee!!! I just cruised thru 8 all day, no way I'm going to be on the edge of the tires at 150mph, I'll save that for the racers
tounge.gif

So I'm probably not going to do Big Willow much if at all.  They aren't kidding when they say its the fastest track in the west!!

Julie and I are planning Buttonwillow on July 1st and Streets of Willow on Oct 27th.
Turn 8 is a S.O.B. Fastest I went thru that section was 130. Even then I felt pretty nervous being leaned over that much at that speed. Maybe if I had Pilot Powers I'd feel better but I was on stock rubber. I wanna try streets one of these days. I think I remember only 2 dates for streets?

tounge.gif

Turn 8 is a S.O.B. Fastest I went thru that section was 130. Even then I felt pretty nervous being leaned over that much at that speed. Maybe if I had Pilot Powers I'd feel better but I was on stock rubber. I wanna try streets one of these days. I think I remember only 2 dates for streets?
Yup;
Streets of Willow
Track Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 2, 2006
$105 (Online $110)
Reserve Spot
Currently Attending

October 27, 2006
$105 (Online $110)
Reserve Spot
Currently Attending

For trackdaz anyway. There are other groups.
wink.gif

Back