My trackday pics!!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Had a trackday back on Feb 06 at Big Willow(the fastest track in the west
tounge.gif
)
The pro photographer didn't show up, so a friend's girlfriend took some shots. Unfortunately she didn't get Julie in a corner and didn't get any of me hanging off the bike. But I'm grateful to have a couple shots to remember the day
biggrin.gif

1st one is Turn 1, I'm in the red/black leathers and I just caught up to a guy in the long straight
tounge.gif
I'd come very close to red lining 5th on the straight, whatever speed that works out to. Turn 1 is a 2nd gear turn for me. 3rd for the super fast guys.

trk1.jpg

tounge.gif

This is the entrance to Turn 3.  I've really wanted a pic of me hanging off the bike so I can improve my form, but for whatever reason I was resting thru the corner this lap.  
sad.gif
 Still glad to have a pic though  
biggrin.gif
Turn3 is a 2nd gear turn. You can see the end of the long straight and the beginning of Turn 1 in the upper right side.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143164679 -->

trk2.jpg

This one is a split second after the last one or the same one, can't tell. You can see the power of HID. No tape can hold it back
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143164388 -->

trk3.jpg

Here's Julie (nijinsky3) between turn 2 and turn 3. We had a blast and did actually hang off the bikes with good corner speed, but no photo proof
tounge.gif
wow.gif

Can't wait to do Buttonwillow, streets of Willow, and hopefully Parumph. Big Willow is just too fast, but it is fun!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143164535 -->

trk4.jpg

Trying a close-up  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143165364 -->

CloseupTrackday02_06_06.jpg

That is very cool. What does a track charge to ride?
It was $135 to join the group Trackdaz.com.  They have 3 groups(beginner, sport, and race).  Each group runs 20 mins.  So you're on the track 20mins and off 40mins.

You have to prep the bike;
water or water wetter for cooling fluid
tape all breakable lights, reflectors, mirrors, and the speedo
Tires in good shape
Full gear, sometimes they have rentals

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143166451 -->

hey charles - let me know next time you go; I've been wanting to get some moto pics for a portfolio.

We'll get the BIG lenses out
cool.gif

Back